Confirmed Trade: [WPG/BUF] Nathan Beaulieu for 2019 6th round pick

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Regardless of what you may hear about Western NY being an absolute dump and having nothing but wings and warm beer on the menu, contrary to this belief, there are luxurious tours of Buffalo's East Side, Foodie Fests at Love Canal, and the World Famous Dyngus Day Parade. If that's not exciting enough, you can always find fun at your local bowling alley and drink your pain away with 2 dollar drafts of Genny Cream Ale.
This is how I spend most of my time, too.

Back on topic, I remember really wanting the Bruins to land Beaulieu in that 2011 draft, figuring Dougie would have already been off the board by 9.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I really liked Nate with the Habs. He has the tools to be a top 4, but he has a hard time putting it all together. I’d be happy to see him find some consistency on a team like Winnipeg.

Back in Montreal, he was usually at his best when he was given a lot of ice-time, which didn’t happen very often. But he’s big, skates very well, good puck mover, can get involved physically... There’s a lot to like there, I think he can be a factor if he can gain some confidence.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I really liked Nate with the Habs. He has the tools to be a top 4, but he has a hard time putting it all together. I’d be happy to see him find some consistency on a team like Winnipeg.

Back in Montreal, he was usually at his best when he was given a lot of ice-time, which didn’t happen very often. But he’s big, skates very well, good puck mover, can get involved physically... There’s a lot to like there, I think he can be a factor if he can gain some confidence.
He looked decent this season with Buffalo, with what very limited games Housley allowed him. Last season he looked a bit lost. But he's big, uses his body and likes to engage physically more than I envisioned. He's definitely got the tools, I think your right on the confidence. Maybe going to an organization with such a staunch defense will force him to elevate game play wise. I hope so, I liked him.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Beaulieu so far has been play 16+ mins for the Jets playing with Trouba and he is holding his own. Happy with his addition for what he cost the Jets. If he keeps playing like this he may get resign this off season. He is not hurting us and that is a big plus considering both Buff and Morrissey are out long term. Tomorrow they play TB at home so we will see if he can keep this up. So far Beaulieu looks like a good pick up for what it cost the team.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
His hockey IQ is terrible. He is a tough guy that doesn't mind dropping the gloves so if you were to use him in a sheltered role, he may not be bad. Anything more than that is when hilarity will occur.

Reactions: Rasmi
Nov 24, 2006
Any player you can use in an NHL game that only costs a 6th round pick is a steal IMO.

We'll see if he can keep up some solid play though. 3-4 games is a pretty small sample size.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
He’s looked good so far for the Jets, but let’s keep in mind that he’s playing with Trouba. Trouba managed to make Mark Stuart look like a passable NHL D-man for 3 years so what we re seeing may just mean "he’s a little bit better than Mark Stuart was". We saw something similar a couple years ago with Chiarot looking good on the top par with Buff, and even last year with Morrow looking ok in limited sample size when paired with a quality partner.
His hockey IQ is terrible. He is a tough guy that doesn't mind dropping the gloves so if you were to use him in a sheltered role, he may not be bad. Anything more than that is when hilarity will occur.

With Morrissey injured and the Jets already having limited depth on LD he’s been slotted in on the top pair with since he arrived and has not looked out of place, in fact that paring has been strong. It’s probably much more to do with Trouba than Beaulieu though.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
he's always like that, wait 15+ games.

If we can get 15 games out of him that are serviceable while Morrissey is recovering that would be just fine. Morrissey and Buff get healthy everyone gets pushed done and possibly to the press box. He can have as much hilarity there as he likes.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Poor D always look good when they get a fresh start ala Morrow for the Jets. Even if he's not as good as he's been playing he's still and upgrade over Morrow and others the Jets have. Who knows maybe playing with other good players on a winning team he will change his game. He was a first round pick after all.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad