Confirmed Trade: [WPG/BUF] Nathan Beaulieu for 2019 6th round pick

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Had a terrible year last year but was much better this year. Not afraid to mix it up physically. Will drive to the net during odd-man rushes and get chances for tip-in goals. Honestly he sat a large part of the year when guys ahead of him on the depth chart were looking terrible. As a low-pairing/depth guy the price for Winnipeg is great.

Reactions: Guardian17

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Decent skater, Decent offensively, physical sometimes, can throw em pretty well when needed. Questionable IQ.

He’s been much better this year than last year. Many of us wanted him in the lineup over Scandella. He’s pretty much what you want in a #6-7 dman. We traded a 3rd to get him, so given his improvement this year, a 6th is a steal. Good depth move for Wpg

You stole my brain!

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
nowhere to party in winnipeg, so he should be focused

he'll be angry and fighting guys this could work out well for Winnipeg

I still wish we had kept him around in Montreal but he's really not lived up to what I think he could be doing - it does take more time with some D tho

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Something of a mercy trade from Buffalo, giving Beaulieu an opportunity to get some ice time before he walks into the next contract. Doubt it will help much. Would have rather just kept him for depth for the rest of the year but whatever.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he'll be angry and fighting guys this could work out well for Winnipeg

I still wish we had kept him around in Montreal but he's really not lived up to what I think he could be doing - it does take more time with some D tho
nah he's not going to figure it out. but on a contender like the jets, he won't have the pressure of expectation. he can skate and that's about it. 0 hockey IQ

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Jets fans paid exactly what he is worth. They have a better team and system in place than Buffalo, so he may see a lot of success in a bottom pairing role. He doesn't have the highest hockey IQ and he can be a liability, which is why it's best to limit his time on the ice and to the bottom pairing.

I wish him the best of luck in Winnipeg, but no huge loss on Sabres' end.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Better to play semi-regularly and be thought of as a player with great potential than to play regularly and remove all doubt that that is not the case.

That is all I feel about Beaulieu.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Can any Sabres fans give a description of Beaulieu as a player?

Good: decent skater; Moves puck decently enough;

Bad: decisions at times ; horribly inconsistent.

former first rounder that Montreal gave up on when he became waiver eligible.

Buffalo took a change of scenery look at him for a 3rd.

Good playoff depth insurance. He's better than AHLer level Dmen like "Doug Janik or Jeff Jillson" **

But not much better.

** An inside joke of the Sabres 2006 playoff run where they ended up with no depth after a rash of injuries to their Blueline during the conference finals.

Reactions: Guardian17

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Very well liked in the room by all accounts. Willing to stick up for his teammates and looks great most of the game until a brain cramp. Wish we saw more of him this year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think Jets fans will be happy with Beaulieu, especially for that price. He's been playing pretty well this year, when Housley has actually let him play. Should be a solid 6/7 for you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad