Confirmed Trade: [WPG/BUF] Nathan Beaulieu for 2019 6th round pick

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I disagree with the low IQ comments. He has good instincts on the attack. But on the defense, or in pinch situations he does make poor reads.

If the Jets have a structure which allows for a defender to carry the puck down low he could find success.

Nov 24, 2006
He's been a pretty good depth guy this year. Plenty of Sabres fans would've preferred to keep him over Scandella, for example. He plays pretty physical and is a surprisingly accomplished fighter but can be prone to mindless plays which he has definitely cut down on thus far.

He'll fit in easily with our D then. :thumbu:

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I disagree with the low IQ comments. He has good instincts on the attack. But on the defense, or in pinch situations he does make poor reads.

If the Jets have a structure which allows for a defender to carry the puck down low he could find success.

I feel pretty strongly that he's got one of the lower hockey IQs of any player I watch with regularity. I have seen far too many horrible, stupid transition passes from him to call him good on the attack, but I would certainly say he's better on attack than defense.

I will say that I think he has improved globally, including his decision making, this year versus last year. But I would still glue him to the bench in a tie game with under 10 minutes left because of the decision making.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Then he won't go out.....heard the Peg is cold but is Buffalo a hot spot?

Regardless of what you may hear about Western NY being an absolute dump and having nothing but wings and warm beer on the menu, contrary to this belief, there are luxurious tours of Buffalo's East Side, Foodie Fests at Love Canal, and the World Famous Dyngus Day Parade. If that's not exciting enough, you can always find fun at your local bowling alley and drink your pain away with 2 dollar drafts of Genny Cream Ale.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
The biggest downside here is now we're going to have to hear Beyak massacre his name every single game.

Boo-Lee-Ooh tight turns, fires and that didn't miss by much. Pair of 55s carome off the boards.

Reactions: RedBar

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems like a savvy under the radar depth move for a team gearing up to make a run. Cost the Jets basically nothing...and they get a serviceable #6/7 defenceman with some size who can skate. Maybe they get lucky with another Morrow type depth acquisition. Exactly the sort of option it's nice to have if, or more likely...when you're planning to slog your way through a playoff war of attrition.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yes but this time it was especially funny because he threw in a witty hahaha.

looking-around-confused-gif-6.gif

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Regardless of what you may hear about Western NY being an absolute dump and having nothing but wings and warm beer on the menu, contrary to this belief, there are luxurious tours of Buffalo's East Side, Foodie Fests at Love Canal, and the World Famous Dyngus Day Parade. If that's not exciting enough, you can always find fun at your local bowling alley and drink your pain away with 2 dollar drafts of Genny Cream Ale.
If you've got food and beer it has to be a nice place.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Woulda been cooler if Bon Jovi owned the Bills

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Seems like a savvy under the radar depth move for a team gearing up to make a run. Cost the Jets basically nothing...and they get a serviceable #6/7 defenceman with some size who can skate. Maybe they get lucky with another Morrow type depth acquisition. Exactly the sort of option it's nice to have if, or more likely...when you're planning to slog your way through a playoff war of attrition.

Let’s hope he’s better than Morrow wouldn’t be hard.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Good skater, above average puck mover and surprisingly tough but a muffin shot and too many controller disconnected moments in his own end will prevent him from ever being more than a 6/7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad