Confirmed Trade: [WPG/BUF] Nathan Beaulieu for 2019 6th round pick

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
3rd round pick->Beaulieu->6th round pick. Considering he was useless year one I'm happy the Sabres got anything for him, but he really deserved to play over Scandella...

Reactions: Kyndig

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Good depth move for WPG. I hated Beaulieu last year, but he's actually been pretty decent this year when they've bothered to put him in the lineup.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Means Niku is going down to Moose?

I rather have him play over Morrow, but I guess that will not happen.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Can any Sabres fans give a description of Beaulieu as a player?
He's been a pretty good depth guy this year. Plenty of Sabres fans would've preferred to keep him over Scandella, for example. He plays pretty physical and is a surprisingly accomplished fighter but can be prone to mindless plays which he has definitely cut down on thus far.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Pretty good skater, can be physical at times, will drop the gloves if he needs to, pretty good slap shot. He plays a pretty aggressive offensive game. He's not afraid to go all the way in on the forecheck. When he has a good D partner and keeps his game simple, he has been adequate in his own zone. Last year, he was a train wreck in the D zone. I actually think he would be a good 4th line winger.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Erik Gudbranson for 3rd and a conditional 6th, Beaulieu for a 6th.

Sounds about right. Beaulieu is much better, by the way.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There

Decent skater, Decent offensively, physical sometimes, can throw em pretty well when needed. Questionable IQ.

He’s been much better this year than last year. Many of us wanted him in the lineup over Scandella. He’s pretty much what you want in a #6-7 dman. We traded a 3rd to get him, so given his improvement this year, a 6th is a steal. Good depth move for Wpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad