Post-Game Talk: Wow. We looked Good. (but we lost). That wasn't painful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
You can see the Babcock effect. Played with structure and responsibility, the skill just isn't there.

We'll be in great shape if we can land Mathews at the draft.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Everyone worked hard except for Lupul and Bozak. I then checked to see their possession numbers and wasn't surprised when I saw they were the lowest on the team in cf%.

I just hope they can get rid of Lupul/Bozak.

Overall I loved the game! Great hard working game, they legit seemed to know what to do with the puck, impressed overall.

The BIG question is, how long will it last? We'll see, cause if this team works hard like this every game, then I would be a happy fan.

It was clearly evident their line struggled to keep up. I thought Matthias was good on that line but Lupul was a ghost and Bozak was just not good enough.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You know what's hilarious? The Habs have somehow not won a cup with Carey Price.

Such a waste of talent there. Not even a good team.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I'm usually pro-tank, but this loss just pissed me off!

But I love how this team is playing right now :)

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Everyone worked hard except for Lupul and Bozak. I then checked to see their possession numbers and wasn't surprised when I saw they were the lowest on the team in cf%.

I just hope they can get rid of Lupul/Bozak.

Overall I loved the game! Great hard working game, they legit seemed to know what to do with the puck, impressed overall.

The BIG question is, how long will it last? We'll see, cause if this team works hard like this every game, then I would be a happy fan.

I wouldn't put much weight on the advanced stats, especially after one game.

The upcoming games on Friday and Saturday should give an indication of whether the team can keep up this fast paced style of game.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Are people really going to crap all over Arcobello just because of a couple of turnovers? He wasn't bad, had really good possession and if his center was even remotely competent at finishing he'd have had 2 points.

WMT

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
I HATE losing to the Habs, and Sens! Why can't we beat these 2 teams and lose to everyone else!

We won the season series against the Sens last season, including two wins at the end of the year. Hoping for another win on Saturday :handclap:

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
If this is what pain looks like, I wasn'ts me sum mo'.

mang Price:rant:

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
It was clearly evident their line struggled to keep up. I thought Matthias was good on that line but Lupul was a ghost and Bozak was just not good enough.

NHL 15 had Bozak as a "play maker", NHL 16 Bozak is a "two-way forward".

I wish they'd get it right.... he's neither.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Kadri93....

I never once said Gardiner wasnt good and I actually think he played a solid game but its mistakes like the one he made at the end of the game why he drives people up the wall.

How exactly are advanced stats going to be able to measure that blunder? He caughed the puck up that resulted directly in a 2 on 1 with Plekanic ending up with a open net and Bernier had to make a ten bell save. On the stat sheet it just shows up as 1 single turnover but it was a potentially disasterous turnover that almost put the Leafs out of the game but was balied out by his goalie.

Gardiner is very talented and is excellent at driving posession but he also makes numerous gaffs that usually result in prime scoring chances for the opposing team.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009

Yeap, they consistently got dominated by Habs when the whole game Leafs were taking the play to Habs.

I also agree with Matthias, really liked his game.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Leafs were the better team
Arcibello is gid awful
Dion played to much but was ok
Reilly didn't play enough
Babcock is going to do wonders

This team sucks thou. Top 5 pick guaranteed

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
You know what's hilarious? The Habs have somehow not won a cup with Carey Price.

Such a waste of talent there. Not even a good team.

They remind me of the Hasek-era Buffalo Sabres, an average at best team that had a goalie that stood on his head (and in the case of Hasek, literally :laugh: ) game in and game out, lead by a few timing goals here and there.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
If the Leafs played that game against anything less than the best goaltender in the world, I'm confident they'd win more often than not.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I wouldn't put much weight on the advanced stats, especially after one game.

The upcoming games on Friday and Saturday should give an indication of whether the team can keep up this fast paced style of game.

I don't need to put too much weight when I clearly saw them get dominated by Habs whenever they were out there. Advanced stats, just backed up what I saw with my own eyes.

I'm not even knowledgeable with advanced stats, except for basic possession ones.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
lol I was about to comment the same thing. Without Price, the Habs are bottom feeders.

Yeah, take Price out and they are no where near the "elite" team status. They remind me of the Sabers with Hasek.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Leafs were the better team
Arcibello is gid awful
Dion played to much but was ok
Reilly didn't play enough
Babcock is going to do wonders

This team sucks thou. Top 5 pick guaranteed

I'm not too sure you realize how the new draft lottery works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad