Post-Game Talk: Wow. We looked Good. (but we lost). That wasn't painful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Leafs played a very strong and entertaining game and were the better team on the night.

Bernier stops that 1st one and it might be a different outcome.

Babcock system immediately noticeable improvement.

Kadri, Rielly and Hunwick real strong games.

Pretty much this.

Add in that Price won that for the habs. They weren't particularly good. Most teams we play wont have a monster in nets, so maybe we win a few when the Leafs play that well.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I HATE losing to the Habs, and Sens! Why can't we beat these 2 teams and lose to everyone else!

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Good game by the boys in blue. Outplayed them, but just didn't have the talent to win. Was really impressed by the defencemen and Kadri.

dkjones907

Oct 7, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
This team needs someone who can bury chances consistently. Other than Lupul, Kadri, and JVR, we don't really have too many great finishers. That's going to be what kills this team this year.

I'm actually happy with how we played though. We were actually kinda physical and moved the puck around well. This team isn't great, but they didn't look like a bottom three team tonight.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Colour me surprised. Leafs looked very good. Plenty of shots on net, great puck possession, fantastic pressure in the offensive zone at times. Overall, a very strong game. The Kadri line and the Spaling line in particular were very good. Only a few things that I noticed that weren't very good; Bozak's line. When we were hemmed into our own zone it was mostly the Bozak line that was on the ice. Just not a good line. Another issue was Bernier's rebound control, not very strong and of course that first goal was just one that you cannot allowed. It ended up costing us.

But like I said, overall, very strong game. Really noticed that the Habs are just not a very good team. Take Price away and they aren't a playoff team at all.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Team played good. Looked structured. Tried hard.

I can stomach losing like that.

Price won the game for the Habs tbh.

Really great structure. Babcock is the key. Our team played real strong tonight. Speedy and fast. Structure. The game could have gone ether way, we had our chances.

I knew we was a fine team all a long. We will get points this season and win games.

Komarov was one of our best players again.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Everyone worked hard except for Lupul and Bozak. I then checked to see their possession numbers and wasn't surprised when I saw they were the lowest on the team in cf%.

I just hope they can get rid of Lupul/Bozak.

Overall I loved the game! Great hard working game, they legit seemed to know what to do with the puck, impressed overall.

The BIG question is, how long will it last? We'll see, cause if this team works hard like this every game, then I would be a happy fan.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
That was a good game. For the "hate" PAP and Arco are getting, they also made some good plays: wasn't it Arco's who passed it to Holland's 1v1 vs Price? PAP also made some great passes, one of which Spaling flubbed.... right in front of Price.

This was a winnable game but Price bailed the Habs out. Not a painful game to watch at all.

Bernier's softy each game cost us in the end, but other than that he was great.

Phaneuf and Hunwick played really composed and negated Habs pressure quite well. I'd like them to work on their spacing though... at least twice their d to d pass could have been intercepted and lead to a breakaway against.

Komarov had a great game, as Senor Martinez is saying.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Banic said:
No more Kadri for crucial face offs please.
Kadri was our best face off man tonight at 54%. Bozak was at 48% overall and 43% in the offensive zone.

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
We didnt win on paper but we won the game in my mind . What a difference, tbh i am still in disbelief Babcock is behind our bench. Lets go get em boys. The halloween mask is melting.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Looking forward to the Flames-Canucks on next… maybe a little less cordial than our Leafs-Habs

Leafs speed was impressive and they appear to be trying.

Hunwick for the A? Ok by me.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Bozak saving grace is his face offs.

He just can't carry the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad