Player Discussion Would you want Zack Kassian as part of this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The pros/cons is heavily tilted to the con side. So, no. If he becomes an Oiler I will boo him at games. He represents everything that I despise about the game.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I despise this player with a passion, both because he's not very good and because he's a dirtbag, but I mean its for Scrivens, so I'm okay with that even if he's just AHL fodder.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
24 years old, can fight all but the super heavies of the world to at least a draw, plays a physical brand of hockey and would have the best hands of any of our current bottom 6ers. If he didn't have issues we likely wouldn't be getting him for Ben Scrivens.

Worst case scenario he comes in and gets waived because he does something stupid.

Best case scenario he becomes a physical force that you can play on the 1st/2nd line and in front of the net on the PP. Those guys never come cheap.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
lol @ deranged.

I take him. People sometimes need a change of scenery or a second chance to get their heads straight. It truly seems like Kassian hit rock bottom in Montreal. This is his chance to prove himself.

DelusionOIL

Jul 10, 2008
Morinville
www.ibew424.net
HELL yes... If he can commit to the game, he's exactly the type of player this team needs.

I have ZERO concern about his "impact" on our younger players. Everyone acts like they are somehow upstanding saints anyways that for some reason need to be protected from the darkness out in the world....

If you honestly believe that, it's you that is in the dark.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
People thinking that because he is an alcoholic he will make the other players alcoholics is just pure nonsense. It's like having a friend or family member with a drinking problem, it's not like you will inherit their problem by spending time with them. This team needs 2-3 players like Kassian and less players like Schultz.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Voted Yes...Not really a fan of the player but trust that McLellan will kick him to the curb in a second if he gets out of line. If Eakins was still coach, I'd say No.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I would tolerate him on the farm team under the firm understanding that he doesn't sniff the bigs unless he completely turns his life around and is a consummate team mate for a year. And only that since he is still a human being and Taylor Hall (who played with him on the Windsor Spitfires) obviously gave him a chance. If this goes down you know damn well Chia asked Hall what kind of guy he really is. I still hate him for mocking Gagner though. Be mean, be dirty, be vicious (Mess is all time fave), just don't be a cheap, gutless, weasel about it. Don't dish it if you can't back it.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
His AHL numbers are there.

Let him start in Bakersfield on a short leash and earn his way to a roster spot.

The Condors need all the help they can get since we keep stealing everyone they have.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Do not make claims unless you have a reputable link to back them up. Libel is not good Mmmmkay?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I don't think that hit on Gagner was intentional. If it were I wouldn't want him on the team. We don't need that.
There may not have been intent to injure, but how do you explain the mocking after the fact?
Showed himself to be a classless pos with that move. No thanks to Kassian.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Emphatic YES!

This organization has been putting too much focus on charater players, and not the skillset they have that can win games.

The Kings have had all sorts of issues, personal issues that don't affect me as a fan whatsoever. And they've been very, very successful in that time.

I'm a fan of the team on the ice. What happens off the ice doesn't interest me.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I would take him. Yeah, he **** up off the ice but I'd give him a chance.

His style of play is exactly what the Oilers need and he's still fairly young

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Khaira-McDavid-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

That's a pretty damn good offence.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I still don't like Kassian but if we do end up getting him he could win me back by destroying bodies.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
If in fact he is trying to get his life together. I would possibly entertain the idea he would be a better option on the 4th line wing. This guy is a d bag but I think he could be a better energy forward than Gadzic.

Just watching this game vs Calgary, makes me want more grit up and down the lineup. And perhaps this guy can help out. It's a tiny risk, but a gamble I would take.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
What good would Kassian be if the refs (Oilers haters) will conastantly give Oilers penalties for body checking. Oilers can't protect teammates and they get penalized for protecting teammates.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Sure I would give him a chance if it's a low risk opportunity. If he can play hockey I don't care what kind of problems he has going on off the ice. Not many teams wanted to take on Riberio last year but it paid off for Nashville. It's not like this year will amount to much, and we have the room on our roster.

McDeathbyCheerios*

What good would Kassian be if the refs (Oilers haters) will conastantly give Oilers penalties for body checking. Oilers can't protect teammates and they get penalized for protecting teammates.
I think Kassian would do fine and this whole penalty thing is silly.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Do not make claims unless you have a reputable link to back them up. Libel is not good Mmmmkay?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=781824

NHL.com seems pretty reputable to me. Substance abuse could range from anything from alcohol to pain killers to hard drugs.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...bs-as-tokarski-and-barberio-placed-on-waivers

Seeing how he was involved in a car accident at 6am right before he was placed in stage 2 of the substance abuse program it is probably pretty safe to speculate which substance he was abusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad