Player Discussion Would you want Zack Kassian as part of this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
simple yes or no answer

in full disclosure --I believe a person can rehabilate himself if he wants as I spent 20 years on the dark side of the moon

Kassian is a Scott Hartnell type player--but he has trouble keeping his head

but do you want a guy with his problems anywhere near the oilers dressing room?

Before Mactavish became a head coach and GM--he was a player who spent a full year in jail after getting behiind the wheel, drunk and taking a young girls life. Mact played a key part to two cup wins.

If at 00:01 it is announced that Kassian is an oiler--would you have a problem taking on a player with his history?

straight up yes or no answer

Zack Kassian is in level 2 of he nhl/nhlpa substance abuse program

McDeathbyCheerios*

simple yes or no answer

in full disclosure --I believe a person can rehabilate himself if he wants as I spent 20 years on the dark side of the moon

Kassian is a Scott Hartnell type player--but he has trouble keeping his head

but do you want a guy with his problems anywhere near the oilers dressing room?

Before Mactavish became a head coach and GM--he was a player who spent a full year in jail after getting behiind the wheel, drunk and taking a young girls life. Mact played a key part to two cup wins.

If at 00:01 it is announced that Kassian is an oiler--would you have a problem taking on a player with his history?

straight up yes or no answer
Yes.

If he changes his attitude gets better at playing its a win. If not we let him walk.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I welcome him with open arms.

I've had a certain family member go through similar issues, and he's on his way into his first rehab stint tomorrow. I hope every single day that it will help him turn his life around...and I just know that if he wants to change, he will.

So when a serviceable NHLer is going through similar issues, maybe I just want to see him succeed for my own selfish reasons, but to dislike him personally, and not afford him a chance based on past issues, just doesn't sit right with me.

As long as he shows remorse for his actions, and wants to get better, than by all means, I'll take him on my team any day.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If the Oil give him that chance that's perfectly fine with me. There's no loss in any of this if it is just for Scrivens. It's actually a win.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Can't vote atm, but count me in on yes. If he's able to solve his off ice issues and play like that annoying SOB like we dealt of him being a canuck, then I won't have an issue. (If he's an oiler tomorrow) its his last chance of playing in the NHL, so he better work his ass off.

Still dislike him for hurting and mocking Gags though.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
God no. We have enough problems without adding this potential disaster.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Why not?

I haven't heard anything bad about his attitude.

It sounds like it was just a substance abuse problem. If he can stay clean, I don't really see the problem.

oilz89*

rather have him on that 4th line then gazdic. Kassian can actually play hockey. Gazdic just plain sucks

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Absolutely. He's hard to play against, can drop the gloves with anyone, and find the back of the net. He's probably our fanbase's most hated player, but I'm sure we'd love him when he did those things to the other team

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Undecided.

He's a dirt bag, but we need more dirt bags. I freakin' hate that guy though. Ugh. If he cleans up, and can help this team, I mean, yeah I guess, right? Ugh.

Undecided.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Attitude is a major concern as ive heard from a former Canuck teammate. He isnt a good player, so why risk causing dressing room distractions

They should have a seperate dressing room for Kassian if hes dealt here. Then unleash him to go slash faces

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Yes, but he'll be on one hell of a short leash.

The hope is that he has gotten over his personal issues and we're getting the best possible version of Kassian.

Worst case scenario, he ****s up and we tell him to not report for the year and don't resign him in the offseason.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I'd definitely give him a shot. We could use that type of player on the roster. This team desperately needs something. They're so boring to watch right now. If Kassian can get his life together, he would be a great addition in our top six.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think Kassian is so bad. He has a drug problem, which is bad but can be dealt with. He is a physical player so he crosses the line once in a while, which is something we can use.

I don't think that hit on Gagner was intentional. If it were I wouldn't want him on the team. We don't need that.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I voted yes, but I wanna take it back.
I thought he played LW.
Unless we actually trade Eberle we don't need another RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad