Would you want Nurse in the NHL next year?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks IATL, I don't get his condescending BS either.

Strat, I have never considered myself an expert, so cut the crap. I had a much longer response typed out ready to post, but deleted it because I am not going to waste my time with you.

While teams sometimes hurt the development of a kid by bringing him up too soon, that kid's growth can also be stunted if he spends too much time in a place that he really doesn't have much more to learn from. Which one is Nurse? Nobody knows yet. I said earlier that he is where he should be right now. It sucks in this case that the AHL next year isn't an option because I think that next year he shouldn't be in the OHL. It is what it is and whether it is for Nurse, Klefbom or Ekblad(?), a good mentor should be brought in before any of those kids arrive. Of course a top pairing defenceman should also be brought in, but I am not holding my breath for that one. The right kind of mentor is not currently on the roster.

Hell, his leadership is going to be put to the test this Wed and we will all see how far he has come with that. The Soo's last game against Kitchener this past Saturday was easily the worst of the season, a real stinker. This Wed they have to see how they bounce back against Saginaw and will have to do without Matt Murray in net. Murray will be travelling to represent team OHL against the Russians, so the Soo has to play with a rookie kid in net that has very little experience. With the "C" on Nurse's jersey, the level of bounce back is on him. This Soo team was not expected to be nearly as good as they have been and Nurse deserves a lot of credit for both on and off ice leadership.

Lastly, I got a kick out of you quoting Nolan of all people. I could go on and on about how I saw first hand here in the Soo kids like Adam Foote and others evolved under a coach named......, yup...Ted Nolan. Nolan himself would say quite often when he was here that when a kid is ready, he is ready. :amazed:
Uh nurse is playing for the OHL vs Russia too

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Uh nurse is playing for the OHL vs Russia too

Uh, for some reason they want Murray there a day earlier, so Murray misses tonight's Greyhound game while Nurse plays tonight here in the Soo. I believe Sergei Tolchinsky is also playing in the Soo tonight (he will be playing for the Russian team)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
ideally we wouldn't bring both Klefbom and Nurse to the NHL at the same time.

Nurse is looking like he might be NHL ready next season though. If he is, then I say we go for it.

We should be aiming to call up Klefbom permanently by the 40-50 game mark of this season. If that doesn't make sense by then (if for example he's not ready or the Oilers are on a playoff push), then call up Klefbom at the mid-way point of the following season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad