Would you want Nurse in the NHL next year?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He's having a great year and he's probably going to be NHL ready, but I wonder if I'd rather him sit in the minors for a few years where he's learning to play hockey in a positive atmosphere.

I really don't think there would be a whole lot for him to learn playing with this team except how to accept losing.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Ask me at training camp next year. If Klefbom plays equal or better than him, Nurse goes to OKC. You can't have two rookies back there IMO. Nurse getting as much development as possible can't hurt.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
After Mac T fails in making bold moves this summer like offering Dion Phaneuf a $9 mill/per contract, they will have no choice but to let Nurse play.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
After Mac T fails in making bold moves this summer like offering Dion Phaneuf a $9 mill/per contract, they will have no choice but to let Nurse play.

Dear Daryl Katz:
Please fire all of these bums before the get desperate and do some stupid ****.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Not a chance. I want him as far away from this nightmare as possible. Let him season in the OHL another year.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
No, I wouldn't unless he wowed in training camp.

No need to rush another D-man into the lineup at a young age, it would be like admitting we couldn't find actual NHL D to put onto the roster again.

He's having a good offensive year but he's only +3, he has room for improvement, and he needs to learn physical timing as well as everything else that's not skating at an NHL caliber level. We'll watch him at the juniors, see how he does, and hopefully he's not on our roster quite yet next year. Maybe for the 9 game tryout if he REALLY wows.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
No

Let him avoid all of next season's drama when half the roster demands trades out.

We'll need someone to play defense on an emergency recall basis when Mact trades all the defensemen for prospects

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
It all depends on how he improves physically. If he can gain another 15lbs or so, then yes I think he'd be ready. If he were bigger he'd be ready right now most likely. I'm pretty excited about Nurse, looks like a stud for sure. But I do actually worry about him getting tainted by the current core... it's actually a positive that he needs time to develop because he'd only learn bad habits if he were on the current Oilers "team".

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Nooooooooo. Absolutely not. All he is allowed is a 9 game stint and then back down. There's no way we should be introducing Nurse to the oilers brand of loser hockey this early in his development.

Last edited:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

You know, the Hawks won a cup with Campbell's bloated contract. Dion isn't a superstar, but he's a solid first pairing goalie who plays relatively well in all situations. He isn't a superstar in his own zone, but he does a lot of great things.

9M, no. 8M, OK.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
It's best he stays out of this mess, however there would be major resentment because he will be 100% ready and probably our best dman to boot. By keeping him back you screw him out of money and hold back a young mans career. If I were him Id ask for a trade in that case.

So best case scenario is we bring him here and hopefully he doesn't spontaneously combust.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
He is currently better than any other dman in our system and roster but I can't stomach bringing him in unless major changes are made. Bringing him in next year with a similar team is only going to create bad habits and he'll get used to losing.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
Ask me at training camp next year. If Klefbom plays equal or better than him, Nurse goes to OKC. You can't have two rookies back there IMO. Nurse getting as much development as possible can't hurt.

Nurse can't go to OKC next year. It's either NHL or SSM.

Connor Mcdavey*

LOL .. look what we did with our 1st overall FORWARDS.. can't mess up picks, wait until we get our hands on Nurse.. he's going to need a doctor after a couple years

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
If he's ready, then he'll play. But I rather have the team flush away the toxic environment before he gets the chance. Don't want to ruin the kids future with the garbage on ice.

Zap Brannigan

May 23, 2004
just trade him, hall, yak and RNH and give anyone who has a chance to be a good player to another team for scrubs.

they don't deserve this ****

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

After striking out at giving predictable UFA bomb Clarkson 6 million per year, I wouldn't be surprised if they succeed with Phaneuf where they have failed in other whale hunting attempts.

Won't always be able to get out of making horrible mistakes by virtue of being a team few want to play for forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad