Speculation: Would you move Boqvist as a centerpiece in an Ekblad trade?

Would you be okay using Boqvist as the centerpiece to a hypothetical Ekblad trade?

• Total voters

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
There’s some speculation in the 20-21 roster thread that Aaron Ekblad may be available. Seems most feel any potential deal for the Hawks starts with Boqvist and the Hawks add.

Would you be okay using Boqvist as the centerpiece to a hypothetical Ekblad trade?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
No for me. I don't see the point in spending assets to fill a position that isn't of need.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Crap, well I just have no clue who is and isn’t one then. I was going off what people were saying in the other thread.

What is he?

Also, who is a #1 defenseman?
This is all just my opinion but he’s a solid #2. Good Brent Seabrook. Very nice player and he’d make the team better but we don’t have the cap and he’s not a guy you gut the roster for. He’s worth more than Boqvist, but I’d rather have Cat than Ekblad straight up.

Last edited:

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Yeah easy no for me.

Boqvist AND Cat? Hell no.

I still really like Boqvist. He’s not a #1, but I absolutely believe that he’ll be a very dynamic offensive D. We haven’t even come close to seeing Boqvist at his best offensively. Not even close.

I know I’m higher on him than many hawks fans, but I think he could have Brent Burns type offensive stats at some point in his career.

Reactions: WizzyWezz

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would you guys deal Cat + Boqvist for a #1 from a rebuilding team? Moving out Cat's deal would give them some flexibility cap wise and make the numbers easier to work out. The return doesn't have to be Ekblad.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Would you guys deal Cat + Boqvist for a #1 from a rebuilding team? Moving out Cat's deal would give them some flexibility cap wise and make the numbers easier to work out. The return doesn't have to be Ekblad.
Yes but not for Ekblad.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Is there anything at all besides speculation from one writer that suggests Ekblad might be available?

Makes no sense to move him and the Panthers won’t.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Absolutely not but I'm higher on Boqvist than most. And Ekblad's injury and multiple concussion history isn't ideal.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Absolutely not but I'm higher on Boqvist than most. And Ekblad's injury and multiple concussion history isn't ideal.

Easy to forget Boqvist just turned 20 last month...He has everything to be a great defenseman and it should come with time if he can stay healthy and confident...He looked rattled at times in the playoffs but hopefully Mitchell cam step in and take some pressure off him and allow him to move down to a third pair role and build on his greatest strengths, be aggressive and offensive minded and let Murphy or Mitchell play with Keith and take the tough matchups

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
Cat has little value because of his contract. Another blunder by Stan. Even if Cat bounces back from this season, is he going to be worth the $10 million it will take to qualify him? Even if he scores 30-40 goals a season over the next 3 years, I doubt he’s worth qualifying with the cap situation going forward.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Cat has little value because of his contract. Another blunder by Stan. Even if Cat bounces back from this season, is he going to be worth the $10 million it will take to qualify him? Even if he scores 30-40 goals a season over the next 3 years, I doubt he’s worth qualifying with the cap situation going forward.

agreed should’ve renounced him! Also he’s the next brad boyes. He’s never going shoot above 10% ever again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad