Speculation: Would you move Boqvist as a centerpiece in an Ekblad trade?

Would you be okay using Boqvist as the centerpiece to a hypothetical Ekblad trade?

• Total voters

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’d be fine either way. Big fan of Ekblad and I value him higher than most. Having said that, I’m perfectly content keeping DeBrincat, Strome, and Boqvist as all have potential to be really good players for us. I think something around Strome+ for Hanifin+ is far more realistic and still upgrades our D both now and in the future.

Another thing to think about is Boqvist+ for Sergachev. I suggested that and Strome for Dumba. Not sure how realistic that Dumba trade is but Minnesota wants a top-6 C for him.

Go full NHL 20:

Move Maatta and de Haan — sign Petro for the same value.
Trade Boqvist for Sergachev if you can’t offer sheet him
Re-sign 4K

Sergachev-Petro
Keith-Murphy
4K-Mitchell

Window reopens.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
there is a huge difference having ekblad 7.5 for 5 years vs pietrangelo 7.5 for 5 years. ekblad in his prime vs petro in his final years. final years of the deals ekblad is 29 and petro is 35.

I’m not saying he’ll be worth his value towards the end of his contract, but with how he plays the game I think he’ll age pretty well and still be a very good player at the least.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Pietrangelo isn't much better if at all, than Ekblad. Ekblad is younger, cheaper, and a guy like Cagguila over a league min bum is a guy we need more of, not less.
You’re kinda missing my point man. We need guys like Boqvist, not Caggulia.

Ekblad+Cagg < Pietrangelo+Boqvist+League min bum (although this is not entirely true because there’s a new influx of KHL bottom 6 players who are more skilled & will be paid league minimum)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->