Would Tampa still be 1st without Kucherov?

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I'm so tired of the Hart not going to the obviously best player of the season because people toy around with the word "value".

He's performed the best of all players in the NHL this season, therefore he should win the Hart. Doesn't matter if the rest of his team is great or garbage.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Probably but not by the lead they have, at the very least they'd be close to or in contention for 1st place.

The biggest loss would be the PP. They have no one close to replacing what he can do on the right half wall as a left shot.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Stamkos has proved he's still a very capable goal scorer, but without teams focusing so hard on Kucherov and Point, they're on Stamkos.

Stamkos gets easier matchups because of Kucherov.
Yeah if you remove point and kucherov the team is inferior You're taking out Ur 1c and the best producer in hockey. But this thread is about kucherov off tbl

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Kucherov is by far the most valuable player on by far the most valuable team in the league. Whether we would still be in 1st or not is irrelevant. Some real backwards logic to rationalize that a players individual accomplishments should be diminished because of his teams accomplishments.

so far from the truth

Reactions: Gsus

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
In first place? Yes. In first place by like a billion points? Probably not, but they have such a good roster that I don't have any trouble still seeing them lead the pack even without him.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Kucherov's scoring is ridiculous and he's definitely a big part of why they're first but what if they had him and not Vasi?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I'm so tired of the Hart not going to the obviously best player of the season because people toy around with the word "value".
Difficult to ignore the "V" in MVP, which is what the Hart represents.

There's already an award for the most outstanding player (Lester B. Pearson / Ted Lindsay).

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
He started the season rather slow and they were in 1st do I’ll say yes. Probably not a 16+ pt leaf over 2nd place, but still on top of the standings.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
I dunno... 94 points (in 59 games) is a hell of a lot of offensive production to try to replace. At the very least I doubt they would be running away from the rest of the league.

Reactions: binop7

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Tampa's at worst one of the 3 best regular season teams of the cap era barring a 20 game collapse.

taking away their best player would take them from that company, to simply a very good to elite team.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Difficult to ignore the "V" in MVP, which is what the Hart represents.

There's already an award for the most outstanding player (Lester B. Pearson / Ted Lindsay).
Yeah but people are skewing it with a false sense of "value", suggesting that the only valuable thing is to lift a mediocre team into the playoffs and that somehow lifting a good team into first place is not of value. Shouldn't the most valuable player be the one who contributes the most of anyone to the success of their team, regardless of team standings or other players on the team?

Reactions: JFG and Iceman

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Kucherov is crazy good but I still don't know if he should win the Hart because I think Tampa would still be the best team in NHL even without him. Art Ross for him for sure.

What do you think would Tampa still be 1st without Kucherov?

He can't win the Art. It's generally for fairly good players who just get there teams into the playoffs.

It would be a travesty if they gave it to him on a stacked team. Double standards galore.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
You can ask that of any great team... would they be as great without their greatest player? Of course not!

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
No. :laugh:

KHl3XVf.png

Reactions: kp61c

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Absolutely. If Kucherov wins the Hart, they need to change the description of the award. He might be the best player in the NHL this year, but he’s not close to the guy “most valuable to his team.”

Just my opinion, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad