Would Tampa still be 1st without Kucherov?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
They have crazy depth. Someone like Johnson would step up and have 10-20 more points if he had to play Kucherovs role.

So, yah i think they would be first easily still.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Sure, sounds like a reasonable description for the President's trophy since individual awards are based on the regular season too.
Well, in a world where the Art Ross Trophy and the Ted Lindsay Award are things, it certainly doesn't work like that for players.

Best player: Ted Lindsay ("most outstanding")
Player who made the most impact: Hart ("MVP")
Most points: Art Ross

There's no reason to try and confuse the three. In fact, they should be more clearly separated.

Kucherov is a front runner to only one of them.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah if you remove point and kucherov the team is inferior You're taking out Ur 1c and the best producer in hockey. But this thread is about kucherov off tbl
...tf are you talking about dude? Lol.

I said Kucherov is a big reason for the Stamkos revival this season, you responded with his 5v5 stats and how we plays mostly without Kuch.

I replied by saying it's because they don't play together that Stamkos gets easier matchups (in turn resulting in his production this season). I don't even follow your past reply, so I'll just leave it here:

Stamkos doesn't have the season he's having and Point doesn't have the season he's having without Kucherov. Period. Playing on the same line or not.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Well, in a world where the Art Ross Trophy and the Ted Lindsay Award are things, it certainly doesn't work like that for players.

There's no reason to try and confuse the three. In fact, they should be more clearly separated.

He should be the front runner in all 3 if we're talking right now. Anything can change between now and the end of the season, but right now? Kucherov.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
He should be the front runner in all 3 if we're talking right now. Anything can change between now and the end of the season, but right now? Kucherov.

Kucherov isnt carrying a bad team like Hall did for the Hart. Tampa makes the playoffs pretty comfortably even with him missing significant time.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
You think he is better than McDavid?
Oh, right. I forgot we're at that stage where we don't suggest anyone in the league is more important than McDavid.

If the Oilers can make the playoffs, it can and should go to McDavid. Being the best player on the worst team doesn't make you the most valuable.

Reactions: JFG

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I'd have no problem with him winning the Hart if the Oilers don't make the playoffs and McDavid is close or passed him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kucherov isnt carrying a bad team like Hall did for the Hart. Tampa makes the playoffs pretty comfortably even with him missing significant time.

Taking a crappy team that would otherwise finish 11th or 12th and squeaking them in at 8th seed shouldn't be the criteria for what "most valuable to his team" means. "Most valuable to his team" should also account for a player turning a 4th or 5th seed into a runaway top seed.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Kucherov is one of the best players in the league. Closest team mate is Point and he's 19 points behind. Tampa is a deep team though. Remove Kucherov and I suspect their still at the top of the division at least. It's just not by as much.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow

Yeah that's true. So far it would be like this:

Ted Lindsay: Connor McDavid
Hart: Sebastian Aho
Art Ross: Nikita Kucherov

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
...tf are you talking about dude? Lol.

I said Kucherov is a big reason for the Stamkos revival this season, you responded with his 5v5 stats and how we plays mostly without Kuch.

I replied by saying it's because they don't play together that Stamkos gets easier matchups (in turn resulting in his production this season). I don't even follow your past reply, so I'll just leave it here:

Stamkos doesn't have the season he's having and Point doesn't have the season he's having without Kucherov. Period. Playing on the same line or not.
Dude i agree with you, i am just saying your team is pretty f***ing good and you have elite depth. jesus man we get it

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I'm so tired of the Hart not going to the obviously best player of the season because people toy around with the word "value".

He's performed the best of all players in the NHL this season, therefore he should win the Hart. Doesn't matter if the rest of his team is great or garbage.
Okay. How does this show? Points? How does a Dman win the Hart? Going by your definition they might as well remove one of Art Ross or Hart trophy.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I'm so tired of the Hart not going to the obviously best player of the season because people toy around with the word "value".
Take that off and you're right. I'm so tired of people thinking the best player of the season should win the Hart automatically. Lets not pretend that he doesn't have some elite talent in net for him for example. Or in Stamkos.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Okay. How does this show? Points? How does a Dman win the Hart? Going by your definition they might as well remove one of Art Ross or Hart trophy.
I'm not saying points should be the only metric. I just dislike that every year people act like making the playoffs is the only value a player can bring to a team in regards to the Hart.

To me it's becoming the MVP among players whose teams barely made the playoffs rather than the MVP of the league.

If one player helped his team get to 110 points and was the best player in the league, then he should win the Hart. Some other player who was nearly as good and helped his team get to 93 points shouldn't win the Hart just because 92 points was the cutoff for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad