Worst goal song?

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
St. Louis Blues. Any other answer is wrong. It is utterly terrible. It's the kind of thing I'd expect a 6-year old to come with.

When you combine that with the power play dance, ........ hang on, I have to go throw up.
Usually any time a team creates a custom goal song, it's not good. The only other team I know of that did this was Dallas. They had a St. Louis ska/rock band that was popular in the 90's create the song....20 years later.

It's funny because I think the immediate song after a goal is scored is one of the best in the league, but then they follow it up with that song. I think they wanted something that was easy for the crowd to "sing" along to, hence the ohhh-OHHH-ohhhhh-ohh-OHH-ohhhhhh, LETS. GO. BLUES...Ohh-OHHHH-ohhh part.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
It's funny because I think the immediate song after a goal is scored is one of the best in the league
It is. It's timeless, it's been identified with the team since its inception.
but then they follow it up with that song
Which is what people I went to high school with would have come with when trying to be creative - which is the same kind of creativity that led to a recent football team motto of "I am because we are" that was supposed to be motivational for getting to the playoffs.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I always find it interesting that fas care about things like this. To be honest, until I came across the topic being discussed on HFBoards (sometime in the last 20 years or so) , I didn't even realize that teams had goal songs, I had probably noticed that they played music but really it was just part time f the general arena noise following a goal. And I would have been watching hockey for 30 some years at that points.

And even now that I'm aware of the, they're pretty much one Of those "in one ear and out the other" things.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Chelsea Dagger easily . The Hawks had awesome goal music during the 1990 playoffs.........Should of just kept that.......
1709164482221.gif

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
St. Louis Blues. Any other answer is wrong. It is utterly terrible. It's the kind of thing I'd expect a 6-year old to come with.

When you combine that with the power play dance, ........ hang on, I have to go throw up.
If only they just let the organist play after goals.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I miss Gary Glitter.

Kevin Spacey and George Takei have admitted to doing things 10x worse yet their works are still celebrated.

I'm not saying he deserves a pass, but at some point there has to be separation of art from artist.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Kevin Spacey and George Takei have admitted to doing things 10x worse yet their works are still celebrated.

I'm not saying he deserves a pass, but at some point there has to be separation of art from artist.
Idk bro Gary Glitter is a convicted child molester(and many time offender). He's a pile of dogshit with no ability to separate himself from his art.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
My favorite goal song is philly because I'm a 90s kid and I love that it's back with torts as the coach... least favorite is VGK.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Jesus christ, you have no idea what Gary Glitter was charged for.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019

I believe you're mistaken about Takei. But regarding Spacey I think it's because it takes hundreds of people to make a major film. It's easier in my opinion to look past the one shitbag when the product is such a massively collaborative thing.

Reactions: Bizz

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Anyone still filling Gary Glitters pockets with royalties?

He's 80 years old and rotting in a jail cell on another continent. What's he gonna do, sue somebody for using his stuff without paying?

Even then I think there are limitations on copyright with regards to covers, which is why the Sharks used their version of RRp2 as a goal song for so long even after he was convicted.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i remember when the leafs had this as their goal song for a few games a decade or so ago. i think they pulled it after fan complaints

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012

I’m sorry, what? What did George Takei admit to that is 10 times worse than Gary Glitter?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Isley Brothers “Shout” which is the basis for the Bills song in the NFL.
The fact it isn't the Sabres goal song is one of those great wonders of stupidity as it's essentially the national anthem of WNY. Sabre Dance would also be great as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00