Worst dive or flop you’ve seen

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I saw a hilarious gif of Markstrom diving years ago. No memory of the game or team or any that. Just the hilarious dive. :laugh:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The Ribeiro one is the worst I've seen on the TV.

Derek Roy was the GOAT at diving though. f***ing CONSTANT.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
upload_2021-8-3_7-41-31.gif

Anyone remember this one haha. Ryan Kesler back in the day.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Man there should be a Diving Major penalty for that kind of crap.

You can see him waiting to be touched and then leaps off his skates.

Stuff like this doesn't bother me as much as trying to game the ref into thinking something happened that didn't.

The purpose of Lindell's dive is to attempt to get illegal play called. There is no reason for those crosschecks to be part of the game. Lazy and cowardly.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Stuff like this doesn't bother me as much as trying to game the ref into thinking something happened that didn't.

The purpose of Lindell's dive is to attempt to get illegal play called. There is no reason for those crosschecks to be part of the game. Lazy and cowardly.
yeah, he popped up smiling, he was lovin it and it was working cause the blues were losing their f***in minds

trolling is definitely a step above outright acting

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Thornton only did that to show up the Refs because the Wings were diving all series long & getting away with it.
Yup people always ignore the context. Also he was getting slashed to f*** and literal non-negotiables like high sticks were being ignored on him.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can't find video of it which is not surprising considering very few were upset by it but in a Nashville-Anaheim playoff game, Kevin Bieksa lifted his stick near Forsberg's face. At first blush it looked like it was a high stick but an alternate angle showed the stick was about a foot away from Forsberg's face as the blade went up and never touched him. Didn't stop Forsberg from acting like he took a 9mm to the forehead at point blank, drawing the high stick call, and Nashville scoring the game winner on the ensuing powerplay. Have never forgotten that one.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Blandisi. You know the one. Looked like someone sniped him in the leg from the nose-bleeds.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
2004 Canadiens in round 1.

You have the classic Mike Ribiero convulsing on the ice he was so "injured"

And you have Kovalev trying to sell a slash, running into a teammate and causing a game winning break away in 2OT of game 4

Lol'd. Also, I miss when TSN was legit...so much nostalgia.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
this is a classic too

Yeah this was the first one that came to mind for me too. One of the worst of the past few years anyway.

I was a huge Lindell fan before this incident. Hated watching that, lost a lot of respect for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad