Worst dive or flop you’ve seen

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
None of them individually were terrible but that sequence of 3 straight blatant dives by Esa Lindell against the Blues in the playoffs a few years ago comes to mind. That was just disgraceful.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
The Dustin Brown hate always comes from Vancouver, Anaheim, San Jose, and Phoenix and it just makes me love him even more knowing his Oscar-worthy work bested that of Kesler/Burrows, Perry, Thornton, and Smith. :laugh:

Reactions: Butch 19 and Grub

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
Some of the posters here are taking Esa Lindell's triple dive against St. Louis way too seriously. He's not looking at the ref trying to sell the dives, he's trolling and laughing at Bortuzzo because Bortuzzo is such a dumb player.

Perhaps your outrage should instead be focused towards the player who's actually got suspended for multiple games for seriously injuring a player while cross-checking him violently from behind in the lower back area (Bortuzzo on Arvidsson). Arvidsson hasn't been the same player since that happened.

Worst dives I've seen personally are probably Marchand's faux double pirouettes against Washington in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs.

he stopped pretty quickly when he realized his mini-soccer tryout got him a penalty too.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Ah, so the claim was "probably something from Forsberg or Arvidsson" insinuating that they're prime offenders.

Yet the only clip provided of either is one of Arvidsson posted without context, in which Marchand had been running around like a clown all night and Arvidsson finally got a call on him (yes, by embellishment).

Certainly worthy of this thread and definitely deserving of being called out the way they were /s

I stand by my point, if "probably something from Forsberg or Arvidsson" is so obvious, there will be a bunch of egregious clips to choose from.

We get it. You’re a Nashville fan and your feelings are hurt.

Reactions: stl76

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
2004 Canadiens in round 1.

You have the classic Mike Ribiero convulsing on the ice he was so "injured"

And you have Kovalev trying to sell a slash, running into a teammate and causing a game winning break away in 2OT of game 4

These aren't too bad and look more painful than appeared on video

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Not going to go dig up the clip, but in a regular season game against the Stars years back, Brown boarded himself and managed to get a call against the Stars. Not technically flopping and diving, and probably clever, but still against the spirit of the rules, LOL.
That might have been the one. Hard to tell in real time but the slo mo was pretty obvious

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
This is the first time I've heard people accuse Brown of being a diver. He was regularly called dirty for his borderline hit, but a diver he is not. He is just a horrible skater and trips over the ice quite often.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Some of the posters here are taking Esa Lindell's triple dive against St. Louis way too seriously. He's not looking at the ref trying to sell the dives, he's trolling and laughing at Bortuzzo because Bortuzzo is such a dumb player.

Perhaps your outrage should instead be focused towards the player who's actually got suspended for multiple games for seriously injuring a player while cross-checking him violently from behind in the lower back area (Bortuzzo on Arvidsson). Arvidsson hasn't been the same player since that happened.

Worst dives I've seen personally are probably Marchand's faux double pirouettes against Washington in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs.

So Lindell's way of trolling Bortuzzo is by taking himself off the ice? Lindell had a great series against us. Bortuzzo was a 6/7 D that postseason, and only played 22 minutes over 2 games the whole series. Lindell averaged like the high 20s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad