Worst dive or flop you’ve seen

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I can't find it but I believe it was Pk Subban I'm thinking of. Around 2015. Goes down to the ice kicking like he's injured but gets up right after.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
This thread is clearly missing the incident where Bobrovsky nearly dislocated his hip by throwing the hardest embellishment I have ever seen.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Some of the posters here are taking Esa Lindell's triple dive against St. Louis way too seriously. He's not looking at the ref trying to sell the dives, he's trolling and laughing at Bortuzzo because Bortuzzo is such a dumb player.

Perhaps your outrage should instead be focused towards the player who's actually got suspended for multiple games for seriously injuring a player while cross-checking him violently from behind in the lower back area (Bortuzzo on Arvidsson). Arvidsson hasn't been the same player since that happened.

Worst dives I've seen personally are probably Marchand's faux double pirouettes against Washington in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Anything Colin Miller did in the playoffs for the knights that first year was a dive. a stiff breeze may have gotten him that year. It was extremely frustrating to watch

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yup people always ignore the context. Also he was getting slashed to f*** and literal non-negotiables like high sticks were being ignored on him.

Nah, he really wasn't. He has always been a douche out there, and this was another classic example.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Some of the posters here are taking Esa Lindell's triple dive against St. Louis way too seriously. He's not looking at the ref trying to sell the dives, he's trolling and laughing at Bortuzzo because Bortuzzo is such a dumb player.

Perhaps your outrage should instead be focused towards the player who's actually got suspended for multiple games for seriously injuring a player while cross-checking him violently from behind in the lower back area (Bortuzzo on Arvidsson). Arvidsson hasn't been the same player since that happened.

Worst dives I've seen personally are probably Marchand's faux double pirouettes against Washington in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs.

Don’t bother. Some people don’t understand context.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Don’t bother. Some people don’t understand context.
Or nobody cares about the context here? "But, but, the player on my team only did it because..."

The thread isn't exactly "worst dive or flop you've seen that wasn't warranted by something earlier in the game."

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Or nobody cares about the context here? "But, but, the player on my team only did it because..."

The thread isn't exactly "worst dive or flop you've seen that wasn't warranted by something earlier in the game."

They should unless they like to look silly.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Yea, I mean this HAS to be at the #1 of every list. Not only was it a terrible dive/embellishment, but it also ended up with a comical running into his own player, then having a OT game winning goal against them :laugh: Karma at it's finest.
THat should have been called. What is the stick doing at Kovalev's hand?

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
2004 Canadiens in round 1.

You have the classic Mike Ribiero convulsing on the ice he was so "injured"

And you have Kovalev trying to sell a slash, running into a teammate and causing a game winning break away in 2OT of game 4

As a Habs fan, the Ribeiro incident is the most cringe worthy hockey event that I have ever witnessed.

Reactions: Score8

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
There was one from the playoffs I believe, that was his worst ever. He started going down before contact was even made

Not going to go dig up the clip, but in a regular season game against the Stars years back, Brown boarded himself and managed to get a call against the Stars. Not technically flopping and diving, and probably clever, but still against the spirit of the rules, LOL.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Thornton only did that to show up the Refs because the Wings were diving all series long & getting away with it.
Post the clips then, this is the thread for it. I doubt you'll find anything nearly as shameful as that Thornton embarrassment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad