Post-Game Talk: 'Worst' defenseman in the league scores OT winner: 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I thought Sbisa was decent, even excluding the goal.

Tanev and Hamhuis were shaky.

Clendening looked more comfortable than his first game.

Edler is awful on the power-play and now we get Hamhuis on the PP once Bieksa is finally off it? Ridiculous.

<3 Horvat

you should give up hoping they'll put Tanev in a position to succeed. He's a Gilly guy.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
Desjardin was asked a question by a reporter about putting horvat on pp.

Willie responds by laughing at the idea and says current guys are "producing" aka we won't see that happening anytime soon

Jun 15, 2014

Willie responds by laughing at the idea and says current guys are "producing" aka we won't see that happening anytime soon

The ****?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Very excited for the future of Canucks. Horvat, Clendening, Vey, Virtanen, Corrado are all developing beautifully

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver

There's certainly some laughter to be had. :laugh:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The team works hard. Just lacks the offensive skill.
I'm satisfied as long as they bring the effort every night.
Thought they did exactly that tonight.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
What a move by Sbisa on the winner, great play to get past two guys along the boards there in the d-zone and start the 2-on-1. Maybe now the guy can get some credit, so sick of people ripping on this guy.

yeah he's been great the whole year people need to stop hating

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hate to say I told some of ya'll so....

Sbisa can actually be a good defensemen for us if he wants to.

So the rest of the time he's not trying because he knows he's too good for this league. Got ya.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Any chance that Edler will have any consideration for the Norris......it seem like they will give it to the best offensive d-men

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

What in the actual ****?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
This needs to be questioned

The PP was unlucky to not score tonight IMO. Very good puck movement. I think it's coming around. I'd like to Clendening on the 1st unit at times. He's a right shot, so the one timer from the point when the Sedins are cycling will become a threat again (like it was when Salo was there). Not all the time though, keep teams guessing as to which look they'll be getting.

One thing I am liking is that the Sedins are starting to show a lot more different looks on the PP than they have in the past. They are starting to figure out how to create different scoring opportunities other than the Edler point shot or the cycle and then cross crease pass to Vrbata.

I don't think the PP is all doom and gloom anymore, although it still has a long way to go, there is hope now.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Any chance that Edler will have any consideration for the Norris......it seem like they will give it to the best offensive d-men

Sure he has a chance. He'll need to score like 30-40 more points over the rest of the season while keeping his current level of shut down play to have a serious chance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad