Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Stanton - Clendening

Lack

I would honestly just move up Horvats entire line

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I think Horvat is the key. Everything else on this roster is largely a known quantity except for him... Going into this season we needed at least 4 good centers and could've had that with Sedin-Santorelli-Bonino-Richardson, thereby having less pressure on Horvat to be ready for regular NHL duty. But now that we're here, if he can solidify that 3C spot and allow this team to get 4 lines rolling without getting swamped we might be able to go on a bit of a run even as the schedule gets tougher down the stretch.

I'm not sure if he can saw off 3rd line minutes right now though I think he's shown improvement over the last little stretch, so hopefully that plus having two strong possession wingers in Higgins and Hansen would help somewhat in that regard.

If he's not ready before it's too late, we're probably ****ed anyway. Richardson is what he is, and as 3C is not a viable option going forward and we've known that since last year.

Having good wingers is the key, like you mentioned. Horvat is getting better by the day, and has yielded good possession numbers with Higgins and Kassian (in a small sample size) you'll never know until you give him a chance, I'm all for increasing Bo's ice time.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Would try this next game and see how Horvat does:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Vrbata - Bonino - Kassian
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen
Kenins - Matthias - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Stanton - Clendening

Lack

It'll never happen but...

Burrows - Henrik - Vrbata
Daniel - Bonino - Kassian
Kenins - Matthias/Vey - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Corrado
Sbisa - Clendening
Stanton

Miller

I'd bench Sbisa normally, but after tonight's game, he deserves a shot to build off of it.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Would try this next game and see how Horvat does:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Vrbata - Bonino - Kassian
Kenins - Matthias - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Stanton - Clendening

Lack

Those forward lines are exactly what they should be, Richardson when hes back slots in for Matthias, who pushes kenins out of the lineup unless someone is traded.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
just finished watching on gamecenter...great finish but until overtime i was thinking of not much else other than how small the canucks looked all game long compared to the jets

some positives for sure from the game, and nice to see sbisa turn in a good game after a dozen or so poor efforts...also good to see the horvat line get some good results and edler-tanev again do what they do best

still, there is nothing much in forwards 4-9, and a physical game like tonight really exposes the idiocy of gradually making kassian persona non grata within the organization...the smaller and slower 2nd/3rd line forwards looked outmatched pretty much all game long

and great stuff from eddie lack, skeptical it will earn him any more starts in the future but good to know he's been able to keep his game sharp despite limited game action

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
It'll never happen but...

Burrows - Henrik - Vrbata
Daniel - Bonino - Kassian
Kenins - Matthias/Vey - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Corrado
Sbisa - Clendening
Stanton

Miller

I'd bench Sbisa normally, but after tonight's game, he deserves a shot to build off of it.

you know the rules: you play well, you gotta sit the next one.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Anybody heard anything through the grapevine on why Kane was being disciplined?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Assuming Corrado draws back in, we'll have 4 rookies: Corrado, Clendening, Vey and Horvat. If we can work four rookies into the lineup this year while staying a playoff bubble team, I think it's been a good year.
Hopefully next year a couple more make the jump or we trade for another big bodied rookie up front.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Just get Horvat away from Dorsett. Their games don't mesh at all and it's annoying to see them continually joined at the hip. Horvat/Kenins looked particularly good when Dorsett was in the box for 17 minutes.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Burrows Bonino Hansen
Matthias/Higgins Vey Dorsett
Kenins Horvat Kassian

One of Higgins or Matthias should sit next game. Else move Matthias to center and sit Vey.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Posters over at the Jets forum seem to be focused on a chronic wrist/hand injury.

Then they are stuck in wishful thinking. It was a coaches decision so it could be for poor play which seems unlikely given he has played well this year and a few bad games doesn't really change that. Or for disciplinary reasons. From the media around the team it seems like disciplinary reasons.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
2 on 1 in OT
Vrbata and Sbisa
Raise your hand if you hope Vrbata passes to Sbisa

lol

Nice two pts

Pretty good play. There wasn't a person in that arena including the Jets on the ice that expected Vrbata (a shooter) to pass on a 2-on-1 let alone a 2-on-1 with a D-man.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Pretty good play. There wasn't a person in that arena including the Jets on the ice that expected Vrbata (a shooter) to pass on a 2-on-1 let alone a 2-on-1 with a D-man.

Maybe that is why it worked :)

I actually liked Sbisa's play last night overall. Pushing the play in the right direction most of the night.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

no one expected vrbata to pass in that situation? he must've been taking his play calls from the seahawks, hehehe....ugh, still hurts.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
no one expected vrbata to pass in that situation? he must've been taking his play calls from the seahawks, hehehe....ugh, still hurts.

Not bad. Though it would be closer to passing while right in front of an empty net in game 7 of the SC finals in a tie game in the final minute. :laugh:

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
Posters over at the Jets forum seem to be focused on a chronic wrist/hand injury.

They're saying it's a discipline issue, small d, according to Lawless. Posters are speculating that he was late for a team meeting.

Edit: I can't double-check or post a link. Site is acting up for me (waiting for ipv4.google.com)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Don't know what to make of Evander Kane situation...most Jets fans in Winnipeg dispise him (the ones who I know and talk too) But they put up with him cause he brings "swagger"

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yay, Sbisa! :laugh: I guess a broken clock is right twice a day. Solid game doesn't do a thing to cancel out a full season (and career) of suck, though.

Clendening looks great with the puck on his stick, small and ineffective when trying to defend. Hard to see much more than 3rd-pairing upside with him, but his puck movement is a godsend right now.

Horvat needs to move up the lineup. Our 2nd best center right now. Get him away from Dorsett and with some better wingers. Willie laughing at the notion of putting him on the PP is a joke.

Kenins doing everything he can to stick. Big effort level. Question is whether he can maintain it every night.

Lack very good again.

Vey, Bonino, Higgins, Hamhuis all struggled tonight. Matthias passes the eye test but just isn't an effective player most nights and has no idea how to work with his linemates.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Matthias is a game changer when he's on. He needs to finish though.

That's the same reason I want to work with Kass. He can take over if he's having one of those nights. Seems like him and Bo have had some brief chemistry - really want to give them a decent look together. Give their line some easy match ups, don't sweat the defensive end too much and hope Bo and Kenins can help keep Kass afloat down there.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Matthias is a game changer when he's on. He needs to finish though.

That's the same reason I want to work with Kass. He can take over if he's having one of those nights. Seems like him and Bo have had some brief chemistry - really want to give them a decent look together. Give their line some easy match ups, don't sweat the defensive end too much and hope Bo and Kenins can help keep Kass afloat down there.

That's my big problem with Matthias though. He doesn't produce and he doesn't hit. He is on pace for 26 points again. We played maybe the toughest team in the NHL and he comes out with 0 hits. What is he going forward? Are we really giving this guy a raise after this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad