Worst Case Scenario - If Zibanejad and Michalek what is the lineup?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Greening gets the call up for sure. Maybe a showcase for him if we do trade him.

I think the showcase Greening for a trade boat sank years ago. Anybody who remembers a time when Greening was a tradeable asset probably died of old age by now.

Greening is either up because they feel he is the best person for the job of playing 6 minutes a game, they don't want to disrupt guys who are playing top minutes in the AHL who have a future, or they just don't want to pay someone else an extra 600k-800k to be the 12th or 13th forward and Greening is on a 1 way deal so they have to pay him even if he is in the AHL.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I think the showcase Greening for a trade boat sank years ago. Anybody who remembers a time when Greening was a tradeable asset probably died of old age by now.

Greening is either up because they feel he is the best person for the job of playing 6 minutes a game, they don't want to disrupt guys who are playing top minutes in the AHL who have a future, or they just don't want to pay someone else an extra 600k-800k to be the 12th or 13th forward and Greening is on a 1 way deal so they have to pay him even if he is in the AHL.

All of those are valid reasons to have Greening up and put him in the lineup given the injury situation.

He's on a bad contract but he's a guy with over 220 NHL games under his belt. Better to just run with him then to rush rookies up.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
When they send Greening back down he'll be available to be claimed, no? That's why Greening is up. Keep dangling him - maybe someone is in even worse injury straits than us and needs a warm body. Murray is in full on 'take my wife, please' mode.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Didn't subban get a game or am I completely wrong?

He didn't. Subban got a game misconduct penalty, so he had to sit out the rest of that game, but he wasn't suspended or anything. In fact, as far as I'm aware, there wasn't even a hearing for him. He just got away with breaking Stone's arm.

Of course, some people tried to justify that with "oh, he DID miss a game! He got kicked out and missed the second half of the game!", but yeah, that's a different discussion entirely.

As it stands, Gudas actually got suspended, so apparently you can get suspended for cheap-shotting and subsequently injuring a Sens player, just not if you play for the Habs or the Penguins.

Still, I'd rather have Zibanejad healthy and playing than Gudas be suspended.

Othello*

Also: it seems you only ever show up around here to bash Michalek. Are you going to ever contribute something else to this community, or are you just a one trick pony?
I don't really care about Michalek tbh. You're the one that's getting all worked up.

Anyways, rolling seven dmen will be interesting.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He didn't. Subban got a game misconduct penalty, so he had to sit out the rest of that game, but he wasn't suspended or anything. In fact, as far as I'm aware, there wasn't even a hearing for him. He just got away with breaking Stone's arm.

Of course, some people tried to justify that with "oh, he DID miss a game! He got kicked out and missed the second half of the game!", but yeah, that's a different discussion entirely.

As it stands, Gudas actually got suspended, so apparently you can get suspended for cheap-shotting and subsequently injuring a Sens player, just not if you play for the Habs or the Penguins.

Still, I'd rather have Zibanejad healthy and playing than Gudas be suspended.

Right lol I confused the game misconduct with a 1 game suspension.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
When they send Greening back down he'll be available to be claimed, no? That's why Greening is up. Keep dangling him - maybe someone is in even worse injury straits than us and needs a warm body. Murray is in full on 'take my wife, please' mode.

Me likey:naughty:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Thanks Bonk. likewise

If a D plays forward, I like to see Wiercioch. I think he could put up some points next to Turris (lol, but actually/maybe/not likely)

With no callups:

Wiercioch - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Prince - Smith - Neil
Greening - Pageau - Chiasson (I'm so sorry Pageau. So sorry)

If I ever see Patrick noodlelimbs weircoch on the first line ...

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If I ever see Patrick noodlelimbs weircoch on the first line ...

27807910.jpg

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Some (most that I've seen) of the bloggers covering the BSens have been really confused and critical of Richardson for scratching Lindberg (and Paul for that matter). Lots of good reviews of his play, but clearly the coach disagrees. I don't know that's I'd consider him a call up candidate, but there arecertainly conflicting views on his performance thus far.

Very interesting comments. I wonder what Richardson has said about them that justifies scratching them.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think it is the latter. The Sens don't want to pay someone else more $ and Greening is performing at about the same level as any other potential call up for the role required, that is a warm body on the 4th line. I would be shocked if any other team would take him in a trade without handing the Sens a similar non performer with bad contract.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Is there any time table on Zibby's return? I heard he was feeling better today but not sure if they confirmed a concussion, which would imply he'd be out for more than a game....

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is there any time table on Zibby's return? I heard he was feeling better today but not sure if they confirmed a concussion, which would imply he'd be out for more than a game....

Concussions don't have time tables. Either you pass baseline testing and protocols and are good or you are not.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So, we have a game every other night until the christmas break. Including tonight that is 12 games in 22 days. No back to backs, but do we still want to be playing with 11* forwards each night

*and Greening only playing a couple minutes, which just adds to others ice time

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
So, we have a game every other night until the christmas break. Including tonight that is 12 games in 22 days. No back to backs, but do we still want to be playing with 11* forwards each night

*and Greening only playing a couple minutes, which just adds to others ice time

We need to call up a centre or winger. If it is Puempel Lazar needs to be 4C. We can't go with 3 lines.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
We need to call up a centre or winger. If it is Puempel Lazar needs to be 4C. We can't go with 3 lines.

I wouldn't mind Dzingel and Schneider. From what I see Grady post on twitter they have played on the same line quite a bit. They are the top two on the team in points. Not giving it to Puempel may light a fire under him after a mediocre performance with his last call up.

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Lazar-Pageau-Stone
Prince-Smith-Neil
Schneider-Dzingel-Chiasson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

This is the best we can hope for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad