Worst Case Scenario - If Zibanejad and Michalek what is the lineup?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This is in no way a blessing in disguise.

For the team as a whole obviously not... but maybe to a few individual guys it is.

I'm sure a guy like Prince certainly doesn't like seeing fellow teammates put on the shelf long-term with injuries, but he needs to make the most of this opportunity, because he might not get another one this good in a long time. We need him to step up now and find a new gear, and he needs the same if he wants to utilize this opportunity to further establish himself. If he disappears over this next stretch, it's going to hurt his stock with the org in the short-medium term.

Pageau too, if Zibby is out for any extended period of time. Pageau is going to get a semi-extended shot at 2nd line C duties, and a strong showing is going to leapfrog his career significantly, IMO.

... thank god we didn't trade Prince or Puempel yet. The injuries to this forward corps is ridiculus right now. We're one half hockey team, one half infirmary.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Honestly if Zibby and Michalek are both injured it might be a blessing in disguise...

A lot of people here are forgetting how heavily we were leaning on Pageau at the end of last year, And add in the fact that everyone seems to go on a cold streak when they are on Zibby's line (I'm not debating his skill, I think he lacks chemistry with our team).

We'll also get to see where we are with Lazar, I bet he could step into Pageau's role as a shutdown 3rd line center.

Michalek is very very underrated, However we are absolutely stacked with left wing depth so I doubt he'll be missed. We've seen Prince and Puemple try to crack the roster, But we also have Schneider (arguably our best player in Bingo) and Lindberg (for a rookie he's tearing it up in bingo).

Lets just hope Greening doesn't stay.

I don't know what your definition of ripping it up is but he's been scratched two games IIRC and he hasn't played very good for the past 10 games or so. Not that he's not a good player, but if he's scratched there's no way he's ripping it up, and there's no way he deserves to be called up either. We already saw what Lazar can do/not do on the top 6, I think he could be alright as a 3rd line centre that I do agree and I'd rather have Pageau on the 2nd line than Lazar. The problem with Lazar is he's below average on faceoffs (In the NHL) like most younger players are and if he's taking the defensive matchups like Pageau does right now it will hurt us in possession. Pageau is around 54%, Smith 52%, Turris 52% and Zibby just under 50%.

I'd bet Greening draws in the lineup too.

I have a feeling Zibby won't miss much, if he actually misses some games.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Honestly if Zibby and Michalek are both injured it might be a blessing in disguise...

A lot of people here are forgetting how heavily we were leaning on Pageau at the end of last year, And add in the fact that everyone seems to go on a cold streak when they are on Zibby's line (I'm not debating his skill, I think he lacks chemistry with our team).

We'll also get to see where we are with Lazar, I bet he could step into Pageau's role as a shutdown 3rd line center.

Michalek is very very underrated, However we are absolutely stacked with left wing depth so I doubt he'll be missed. We've seen Prince and Puemple try to crack the roster, But we also have Schneider (arguably our best player in Bingo) and Lindberg (for a rookie he's tearing it up in bingo).

Lets just hope Greening doesn't stay.

Lindberg you say is tearing it up in Bingo, well if you look beyond the stats he's actually been a healthy scratch as recently as a few days ago because of poor defensive play. So now we are going to bring this guy up to the NHL?

There's no way this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe its manageable but you are making it sound like we have tons of NHL ready prospects ready to just slot in. Guys will need to adjust to their roles and that includes guys like Lazar, you can't expect much more from him right now he needs time.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
I think that Greening will get a game or two, rewarding a good soldier who came to camp, got sent down, came back up, healthy scratched... all with a pretty good attitude (at least publicly)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The only way Greening gets called up is if it is a budget thing.

I could see O'Dell getting called up as the 4C. He's more experienced than a guy like Paul and had a solid pre-season. I'm not clear on the waiver rules when it comes to injuries though, so I'm not certain if he'd have to be exposed to waivers when sent back down.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The only way Greening gets called up is if it is a budget thing.

I could see O'Dell getting called up as the 4C. He's more experienced than a guy like Paul and had a solid pre-season. I'm not clear on the waiver rules when it comes to injuries though, so I'm not certain if he'd have to be exposed to waivers when sent back down.

I don't think a C will be called up and Greening is already on the team isn't he? Lazar will likely take that spot and Prince will get moved up the lineup, Puempel also and then Greening should play on the 4rth line. I'd like to see O'Dell but unless he plays wing I doubt he'll be called up since it's been known that Lazar would like to play C, and I'm sure the team will give him his shot in a time like this if Zibby misses some games.

Prince - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Ryan
Puempel - Lazar - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Neil

Is what I think we could see. You keep Hoff with Ryan, they've been on fire lately and they'll help Pageau by driving possession. Then you have Turris with Stone, can't go wrong there IMO and Prince should compliment that line well enough with his recent play. Puempel, Lazar and Chiasson would be a good 3rd grinding/garbage goal line IMO and then you have Greening, Smith and Neil which obviously is not what you want but they won't play much and to their defense Smith and Neil have played very well IMO so I don't think it should be a problem given that they'd play less than 10 minutes.

It's a tough situation but I guess the only way to look at it is that Prince and Puempel should get an opportunity to play more important minutes and Lazar will likely get his shot at C. Maybe swap Smith and Lazar since Smith is better on faceoffs and has more experience not to mention he's been good.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Greening has been called up (I think) but the fact that he's yet to play is telling. Maybe he stays as the 13th player with Puempel and someone else called up.

It'll be really interesting to see if Lazar gets first crack at the 2C spot. Pageau's problem is that he is too good at his job as the shutdown C relative to who Ottawa could put there. It might cost him a promotion or at least the first crack in the top 6.

Has anybody written fan fiction yet where Ottawa desperately signs Colin White to be the 2C and he goes PPG and wins the Calder?

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
If it were me I'd put Lazar in at 2C. He's looking a lot better when he plays his natural position.

Hoff-Turris-Ryan
Prince-Lazar-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Chiasson
Greening-Smith-Neil

Ugly 4th line, but the other 3 aren't horrible.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If it were me I'd put Lazar in at 2C. He's looking a lot better when he plays his natural position.

Hoff-Turris-Ryan
Prince-Lazar-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Chiasson
Greening-Smith-Neil

Ugly 4th line, but the other 3 aren't horrible.

I'd put Pageau at the 2nd line centre before Lazar.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It'll be really interesting to see if Lazar gets first crack at the 2C spot. Pageau's problem is that he is too good at his job as the shutdown C relative to who Ottawa could put there. It might cost him a promotion or at least the first crack in the top 6.

You are right, it would not be ideal to match up Lazar against the other teams top lines. On the other hand, I think Smith would be able to do it. He's better on faceoffs and he's been doing good overall this season and he's played a shutdown role in the past. I'm just not a fan of seeing Lazar in the top 6. Pageau has more offensive game right now and he's just plain better.

Othello*

Zibs injury will be a huge loss. We have Puempel to replace Michalek and it's not like he was playing well

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Prince - Lazar - Ryan
Puempel - Pageau - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - gulp Neil
if we go on a roadie, Dziurzynski comes up.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Zibby is at CTC this morning but won't allow any interviews.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know what your definition of ripping it up is but he's been scratched two games IIRC and he hasn't played very good for the past 10 games or so. Not that he's not a good player, but if he's scratched there's no way he's ripping it up, and there's no way he deserves to be called up either. We already saw what Lazar can do/not do on the top 6, I think he could be alright as a 3rd line centre that I do agree and I'd rather have Pageau on the 2nd line than Lazar. The problem with Lazar is he's below average on faceoffs (In the NHL) like most younger players are and if he's taking the defensive matchups like Pageau does right now it will hurt us in possession. Pageau is around 54%, Smith 52%, Turris 52% and Zibby just under 50%.

I'd bet Greening draws in the lineup too.

I have a feeling Zibby won't miss much, if he actually misses some games.

Some (most that I've seen) of the bloggers covering the BSens have been really confused and critical of Richardson for scratching Lindberg (and Paul for that matter). Lots of good reviews of his play, but clearly the coach disagrees. I don't know that's I'd consider him a call up candidate, but there arecertainly conflicting views on his performance thus far.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Prince - Lazar - Ryan
Puempel - Pageau - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - gulp Neil
if we go on a roadie, Dziurzynski comes up.

I don't mind this too much, considering we're missing 3 top 6 players.

Lucky we're pretty deep at forward.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We have Puempel to replace Michalek and it's not like he was playing well

You only think that becuse you're blinded by a preconceived hatred for the player based on ridiculous tunnel vision and an inability to think critically about how the game is played in between goals.

Also: it seems you only ever show up around here to bash Michalek. Are you going to ever contribute something else to this community, or are you just a one trick pony?

WhiteLight*

Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
Puempel - Lazar - Stone
Dizngel - Pageau - Schneider
Prince - Smith - Neil
Chiasson

WhiteLight*

I know they don't like this Schneider guy, but give him a shot before pissing him away. All he does in Bingo is produce. He deserves a shot

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Daniel Slater @dslatertv
Sounds like if Mika Zibanejad can't go tomorrow, Dave Cameron will play 7 defencemen. Greening will take Michalek's spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad