Worst Case Scenario - If Zibanejad and Michalek what is the lineup?

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
The simple and most logical solution would be to call up Puempel and move Lazar to center. But with us dressing 7 D and Greening now playing...I expect the game against the Hawks to be a blowout loss.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Daniel Slater @dslatertv
Sounds like if Mika Zibanejad can't go tomorrow, Dave Cameron will play 7 defencemen. Greening will take Michalek's spot.

I like it.

Interesting note - 22 guys who played for the Leafs last year have yet to play a game this year; After Greening plays, the only guys who played for the Sens last year who haven't played yet will be Dreidger and Phillips. Pretty damn good.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I like it.

Interesting note - 22 guys who played for the Leafs last year have yet to play a game this year; After Greening plays, the only guys who played for the Sens last year who haven't played yet will be Dreidger and Phillips. Pretty damn good.

The teams are in different situations.I'm sure that year we traded everyone and had francis lessard playing every game was brutal.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
The simple and most logical solution would be to call up Puempel and move Lazar to center. But with us dressing 7 D and Greening now playing...I expect the game against the Hawks to be a blowout loss.

Greening has 9 points in 16 games and is -4 at the AHL level; Puempel has 8 pts in 10 games and is -4. Puempel has 4 pts in 24 NHL games, Greening had 1 in 26 last year. Greening is faster and probably more physical. I don't think the difference between the two will be the difference between competing and being blown out. Also, Puempel is still developing. Continued AHL time will be good for him.

WhiteLight*

You only think that becuse you're blinded by a preconceived hatred for the player based on ridiculous tunnel vision and an inability to think critically about how the game is played in between goals.

Also: it seems you only ever show up around here to bash Michalek. Are you going to ever contribute something else to this community, or are you just a one trick pony?

It's because

1. Michalek's contribution to "how the game is played in between goals" is very overrated
2. His contribution is replaceable for the most part

I'm not saying Puempel (as he is right now) can come in and replace him, and I don't feel like arguing about Michalek.... just saying that's likely how Michalek "haters" feel about him

And I agree with that he's replaceable when we have a healthy LW lineup (MacArthur + Prince)

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
The teams are in different situations.I'm sure that year we traded everyone and had francis lessard playing every game was brutal.

Yeah obviously, but having every guy play the next year is very rare. I don't think many teams could claim that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
And I agree with that he's replaceable when we have a healthy LW lineup (MacArthur + Prince)

Yeah, agreed that we are pretty deep on that side.

I don't even like Michalek a ton or anything. The guy has warts, but you listen to some people on these boards and it's like Michalek killed their first born child and napalmed their hometown. It was tired after the first ten times, it is no more fresh after the following thousand.

If we're going to have the Michalek debate (another time), I'd much rather have a debate with you than some of the other blindfold set... at least I can trust that you'll be intellectually honest about it. We have our history, but at the very least I respect that your point of view is well thought out, even if we may disagree on some of the points.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
So if we dress 7 defensemen, do we expect to see Boro play forward? He's played forward before... If not, I assume some guys will take turn to play with the 4rth line..

Either that or the team thinks there's a chance Zibanejad will play tomorrow.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I kinda wish greening was gone. I don't think he has anything to offer anymore. I'm sure Murray feels obligated to give him priority because what's he's been through. Personally I'd like to see Schneider given an opportunity. He had never been impressive in camps but he's been a solid bsen player for quite awhile now and hasn't even got a sniff at the nhl level. Might as well see if his skills can translate in a few games at the nhl level before he leaves the organization

It's not something that I feel warrants much criticism if any though. I'm sure management has a much better idea of player ability then fans.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Well, at least Gudas actually has a hearing? Better than what happened when Subban tomahawked Stone...

WhiteLight*

I don't even like Michalek a ton or anything. The guy has warts, but you listen to some people on these boards and it's like Michalek killed their first born child and napalmed their hometown. It was tired after the first ten times, it is no more fresh after the following thousand.

If we're going to have the Michalek debate (another time), I'd much rather have a debate with you than some of the other blindfold set... at least I can trust that you'll be intellectually honest about it. We have our history, but at the very least I respect that your point of view is well thought out, even if we may disagree on some of the points.

Thanks Bonk. likewise

So if we dress 7 defensemen, do we expect to see Boro play forward? He's played forward before... If not, I assume some guys will take turn to play with the 4rth line..

Either that or the team thinks there's a chance Zibanejad will play tomorrow.

If a D plays forward, I like to see Wiercioch. I think he could put up some points next to Turris (lol, but actually/maybe/not likely)

With no callups:

Wiercioch - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Prince - Smith - Neil
Greening - Pageau - Chiasson (I'm so sorry Pageau. So sorry)

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Do we just not think there is enough time to call up Puempel? Or is this a silent indictment on Puemp's season so far on the big club?

I think Puempel has been fine from what I've noticed. He was playing good in his last games here and had lots of chances, he was doing what he was supposed to do but the puck just wasn't going in for him which is common for rookies until they get a couple of ugly ones to go in. He was going to the net, he had some chances in the slot. I haven't noticed his defensive game so much but he's been fine in the past in that department so I'd assume he was doing fine. I don't know if they don't want to call him because they think maybe Zibby will be ready, or they want Greening to get some games, or they want Puempel to get his confidence going or maybe even because Bingo has been so bad that they wanted to send him down since we had other options here and he's arguable Bingo's best player when he's there ... I don't know honestly ... I just don't think he's been bad.

With no callups:

Wiercioch - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Prince - Smith - Neil
Greening - Pageau - Chiasson (I'm so sorry Pageau. So sorry)

You have to be kidding :lol:

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Michalek is what he is - in his early years with us he was our 4th or 5th best forward, now he's our 7th or 8th best forward. He's a good forechecker, above average in his own zone, pretty good around the net... he's consistently been a low end top 6er or high end top 9er. Even if you remove his 60 point season, Michalek has scored at a 20g, 41pt/82 game pace. If you include it, those totals are 23g, 45pts/82. If you apply those averages to the highest scoring year since Michalek became a Sen (his first, 2009-10), he would fall somewhere between 115th and 135th in scoring. That's, at worst, the production of an average #5 forward.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Neither can we though lol.

We'll get there, I'm sure :nod:

Phillips will be back at some point, and will be given a last game. If Dreidger keeps up his play, he'll also surely dress at some point (unless our goalies have a perfect bill of health from Hammonds return to the end of the year).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00