Worst case scenario and Sens tank again- what's the next step?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Until we make a coaching change, the next step is a coaching change, it should have already happened but you can't pull the parachute and make drastic changes without doing that first.

So, if we're out of the playoffs come trade deadline, see where Tank is willing to go, if Kubalik is still here, trade him, but otherwise you play out the year.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I guess maybe this is also contingent on hiring a new GM but I would love if in the interim we also hired some more scouting (pro and amateur) staff. Seems like we are still very short staffed in those departments.

Reactions: DrEasy

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Wouldn't trade Batherson's contract unless some team massively overpays.
I know he hasn't been anywhere close to the player he was two seasons ago, but at that value it would be foolish to throw.

I'm trading Chychyrun if I want to get rid of a contract.
I'd gauge the market on Chabot if Chychrun's contract demands are less than $8 million and Chabot has good to great value around the league. I don't hate Chabot like others do, but if Chychrun wants to stay at somewhat of a discount, I would be open to the idea of moving Chabot to strengthen other parts of the team.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
It's not a schtick. It's the facts.
The team is no better now than it ever has been under DJ. It looks better because we have played fewer games through November than in recent years. We currently have a projection of 6.8% to make the playoffs in a year where we acquired a number-one goalie and a top-4 defenseman in Chychrun. People are not overreacting; they are simply fed up with the offseason excitement and the team being dead by the end of November. Maybe you enjoy meaningless hockey, but some of us are tired of watching the Sens and hoping we draft the top five every single year.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
We don't need to have it. We're doing quite a bit better than last season at this point. People are just overreacting again.
Such an improvement.

November 29th last year we were 5th last on point percentage.

Now we are 8th last, and we all know Edmonton and Seattle are going to be passing us any time now, possibly Minnesota with their new coach bounce that they'll get too.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Such an improvement.

Now we are 8th last, and we all know Edmonton and Seattle are going to be passing us any time now, possibly Minnesota with their new coach bounce that they'll get too.
Stop. You're overreacting.

Reactions: King Karl

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Sorry DJ chants when the team loses would be savage.
We should chant "we love DJ" all game. Maybe the players will play better. "Fire DJ" chants don't work, so we should try reverse psychology.

Reactions: Loach

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We don't need to have it. We're doing quite a bit better than last season at this point. People are just overreacting again.
They have a losing record. Some may be overreacting, but it's definitely not good where they're at right now. You can't really believe all is well right now can you? One thing not to panic, but the team is indisputably in a bad spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oduyanow

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Such an improvement.

Stop. You're overreacting.
Yep, we are exactly where we want to be - only 7 teams to leap frog. Piece of cake.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
They have a losing record. Some may be overreacting, but it's definitely not good where they're at right now. You can't really believe all is well right now can you? One thing not to panic, but the team is indisputably in a bad spot.
Of course everything is not well. Why would anyone think that? All I'm saying is we don't need a full rebuild. There's a wide gulf between everything is fine and blow it all up / rebuild.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The team is no better now than it ever has been under DJ. It looks better because we have played fewer games through November than in recent years. We currently have a projection of 6.8% to make the playoffs in a year where we acquired a number-one goalie and a top-4 defenseman in Chychrun. People are not overreacting; they are simply fed up with the offseason excitement and the team being dead by the end of November. Maybe you enjoy meaningless hockey, but some of us are tired of watching the Sens and hoping we draft the top five every single year.

Chabot's too important for the core imo

Reactions: swiftwin

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
You start trading core pieces away like Norris, Batherson, Chabot. Which I would right now btw. Hockey trades tho, not for futures.

Reactions: DJB

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Of course everything is not well. Why would anyone think that? All I'm saying is we don't need a full rebuild. There's a wide gulf between everything is fine and blow it all up / rebuild.
That's fair. Thought you were saying they're in a good spot. Yes, of course, it would be silly to rebuild and not worth real discussion.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

That's fair. Thought you were saying they're in a good spot. Yes, of course, it would be silly to rebuild and not worth real discussion.
The term "rebuild" can mean different things to different people. The OP mentioned "rebuild", but we don't know what he meant by that. Maybe all he meant is moving one player (Chabot as an "example")?

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
@BondraTime

what is the analysis of the Meows Kid with the 67's.

6"- 6',1" RD..

some sites have him ranked 18th... Probably where the Sens will finish..

If not, maybe trade down. Package a large contract, with the Sens #1. Get a prospect and a pick in the 16-20 zone.
I’m definitely not the one to ask about Mews, haven’t seen him play outside of a game or two on TV over the past 2 years.

Lots of people here would have seen a lot of him with him playing in Ottawa, should be a be a large number of posters who’d have a much better idea than I would.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The term "rebuild" can mean different things to different people. The OP mentioned OP, but we don't know what he meant by that. Maybe all he meant is moving one player (Chabot as an "example")?
For sure. I would argue they're using the incorrect term in that case as retool is more applicable and used in the hockey sphere to describe that scenario, but I hear ya.

I do think a bit of a retool is likely. My leading candidate would be Batherson.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You start trading core pieces away like Norris, Batherson, Chabot. Which I would right now btw. Hockey trades tho, not for futures.
You want to trade Norris and Batherson at the absolute bottom of their value? I'd gladly trade Norris if there was a market, but Batherson is a winger and on a good contract if he can get back to playing well. If you trade Batherson, then you are looking for a winger on a contract like Batherson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad