OT: World Juniors Thread!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Wow, what a game. Huge win for the US, gotta think Mittlestadt gets USA player of the game.

Outdoor games are cool and all, but I would have rather the game be played indoors. Horrible camera angles on the broadcast and choppy playing surface made from some very sloppy hockey.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Back from watching tonight's Canada game.

Thomas and Kyrou were both good, Kyrou more noticeable of the two. Neither played as much as I thought they would, likely because it was back to back and a rout. They were playing opposite PP lines although later on the howden line seemed to replace Thomas'

On the other side of the ice Krag's line was good but Krag himself didn't really do much worthy of mention

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Back from watching tonight's Canada game.

Thomas and Kyrou were both good, Kyrou more noticeable of the two. Neither played as much as I thought they would, likely because it was back to back and a rout. They were playing opposite PP lines although later on the howden line seemed to replace Thomas'

On the other side of the ice Krag's line was good but Krag himself didn't really do much worthy of mention
Tough to watch Krag this season outside of the tournament. Danish league isn’t exactly easy to find a consistent amount of highlights/games.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
8 minutes into this game and Kostin has had 2 shifts despite leading his team in scoring in the tournament. Russia always does this goofy stuff with ice time. I remember Tarasenko was leading the KHL playoff in scoring and was still only getting like 5 minutes per game.

Dahlin is sick by the way.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Denmark had 2 goals. Krag scores one and assisted on the other....

They are going to be demoted this year but you need more then one or two players on a team at this level.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Kostin scores again with a marvelous shift. Swedish D blows a tire in the neural zone, Kostin picks up the puck, lays a saucer on the tape of Scechnikov who shoots wide. Puck gets back to the point, pass to the front, Kostin lifts the Dmans stick and in the same motion pokes it past the goalie. Not a snipe by any means, but a great effort.

EDIT:And if Kostin has played 3 full minutes this period I’d be surprised.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I like the way Kostin plays. He goes to the net a lot. He plays a chippy, physical game. He plays with determination. I haven't watched any of his AHL games, only seen highlights. So, I don't know why he hasn't been scoring much there. But, unlike the skeptics, who think he was overhyped, I can see he has enough skill, and like his style of play. He's already got a good body for an 18-year old, and will get significantly stronger. He seems to be an average skater. I hope he can work on his skating, and get it above average, to where it can be an added weapon.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3