Prospect Info: World Junior thread

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thanks Caser!

Dergachyov seems like he'd be a better wing from what we've seen so he can use his size advantage on the boards but hey I'll take a Martin Hanzal if we can get him ;)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Thanks Caser!

Dergachyov seems like he'd be a better wing from what we've seen so he can use his size advantage on the boards but hey I'll take a Martin Hanzal if we can get him ;)

I think that for C position he is not that good at puck distribution, on the other hand he looks very confident at face-offs though.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think that for C position he is not that good at puck distribution, on the other hand he looks very confident at face-offs though.

That would make sense. He doesn't have quite the elite vision playing C in the NHL would require from what I've seen; playing wing cuts the field of necessary vision from 360 to 180. Never know though!

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Would honestly hate to see both Kempe and Dergs both go to the wings. Who would we have in the future C spot then? We gotta have someone else besides Shore (or Dowd). I'm hoping at least one of those guys works out at center.

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
Kempe was selected one of the top 3 players for Sweden in tournament.
Söderström (Goalie - Islanders) and Englund (Captain and Defender - Senators) were the others.

Imo the only "clear" choice of those 3 were Söderström, I would have put Nylander or Timashov over Englund.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Would honestly hate to see both Kempe and Dergs both go to the wings. Who would we have in the future C spot then? We gotta have someone else besides Shore (or Dowd). I'm hoping at least one of those guys works out at center.

Depends how future we are talking. Who would they displace in the next few years, maybe Shore?

How about Amadio, or Dowd, or any NCAA signees, or anyone in the upcoming draft?

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Depends how future we are talking. Who would they displace in the next few years, maybe Shore?

How about Amadio, or Dowd, or any NCAA signees, or anyone in the upcoming draft?

Not even sure, don't really know anything about the upcoming draft players TBH. Never even heard of Amadio. I just like Dergs at C because of his size, Kempe does make more sense on the wings I guess. Would still like to see if he works out at C before putting him on LW or wherever. Both guys really...

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You mean the one we don't have a 1st in?

Yep, even that one.

I'm just saying we have no one who is going to displace Kopitar or Carter in the next few years unless Kempe or someone surprises like hell, and even then we have options for bottom six Cs, so we have a little bit of time on our side to sign or draft center options.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Not even sure, don't really know anything about the upcoming draft players TBH. Never even heard of Amadio. I just like Dergs at C because of his size, Kempe does make more sense on the wings I guess. Would still like to see if he works out at C before putting him on LW or wherever. Both guys really...

Not sure why you're worried about Dergachev and Kempe going to wing because you want a center, but you've never heard of a very promising center prospect we have?

Amadio is 6'3 and 200+ lbs. He's a two way center for the North Bay Battalion in the OHL.

He's leading the team in scoring and is 7th overall in league scoring. He's also the leader in the league with 10 shorthanded points. I think 2nd in the league is 6.

Edit: forgot to add. I think Dergachev is much better suited as a winger than center. He can win those board battles and protect the puck hust too well.

Kempe could succeed as a center. He uses the ice pretty well, but am not worried if he goes to wing.

Last edited:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Yep, even that one.

I'm just saying we have no one who is going to displace Kopitar or Carter in the next few years unless Kempe or someone surprises like hell, and even then we have options for bottom six Cs, so we have a little bit of time on our side to sign or draft center options.

I'm not worried yet. If DL trades away one more 1st though we may as well start preparing our rebuilding preparedness kits and placing bets on who will be the next Derek Armstrong to centre our top line.

Not sure why you're worried about Dergachev and Kempe going to wing because you want a center, but you've never heard of a very promising center prospect we have?

Amadio is 6'3 and 200+ lbs. He's a two way center for the North Bay Battalion in the OHL.

He's leading the team in scoring and is 7th overall in league scoring. He's also the leader in the league with 10 shorthanded points. I think 2nd in the league is 6.

Edit: forgot to add. I think Dergachev is much better suited as a winger than center. He can win those board battles and protect the puck hust too well.

Kempe could succeed as a center. He uses the ice pretty well, but am not worried if he goes to wing.

Amadio is Mike Richards. Not the elite version or the wtf happened version, just somewhere in the middle. A 2nd-3rd line tweener.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Learn something new everyday, glad they drafted a guy like Amadio then. I'd rather have them draft too many centers than too few, because if they don't work out you can always try them on the wings.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Learn something new everyday, glad they drafted a guy like Amadio then. I'd rather have them draft too many centers than too few, because if they don't work out you can always try them on the wings.

Amadio scored 3.5 pts a game in Bantam 5 yrs ago and was always gifted offensively.
He's really putting it together, in the OHL since the last yr. He's also the captain f his team.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=151385

you'll see that after his team leading 52 pts (7th in the OHL) that the next best
on his team has 33 pts. One would wonder if they had some talent for him to
play with, he would probably be leading the OHL in scoring, as he's only 11 pts from the league leader.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0070392016.html

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Amadio scored 3.5 pts a game in Bantam 5 yrs ago and was always gifted offensively.
He's really putting it together, in the OHL since the last yr. He's also the captain f his team.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=151385

you'll see that after his team leading 52 pts (7th in the OHL) that the next best
on his team has 33 pts. One would wonder if they had some talent for him to
play with, he would probably be leading the OHL in scoring, as he's only 11 pts from the league leader.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0070392016.html

Pretty impressive stats. Another prospect for me to be psyched for along with Kempe, Dergs, and Zykov.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Pretty impressive stats. Another prospect for me to be psyched for along with Kempe, Dergs, and Zykov.

The prospects I'm most looking forward to other than Kempe and Zykov are Cernak and LaDue.

Kempe and Dergachev have both been playing LW in the WJC.

Prokhorkin and Kubalik would be the perfect candidates to fill out our center depth with Dowd and Amadio

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
COngrats to finland, from all accounts a good game, Russia ties it with 6 seconds left in regulation, Kapanen wins it in OT. I wanted the Flyers to draft him, he'll be a good fit under Babcock.

Good for them, winning the gold medal in OT in your country in front of the hometown crowd. Lots of booze flowing freely tonight there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3