Prospect Info: World Junior thread

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Cernak didn't play today due to injury, and Slovakia got eliminated 6-0 by Sweden.

Kempe with a goal and an assist, as they now advance to the medal round. They play the winner of Finland and Canada.

Speaking of Finland; I am working on my shift by shift video of Jesse Puljujarvi, and my goodness is this kid talented.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kempe with a goal and an assist as the Swedes advance past the Slovaks and await the winner of Canada/Finland.

Whoops, KingsPawn beat me to it.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Its nice to see the Kings draft a centerman with size in Dergachyov. Hopefully him and Kempe can shore up the C spot in the future when Kopitar gets older.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Its nice to see the Kings draft a centerman with size in Dergachyov. Hopefully him and Kempe can shore up the C spot in the future when Kopitar gets older.

Kempe will be a winger. He's played wing at the WJC and he's been playing LW with Ontario. I think the experiment to try him at C was due to injuries/callups earlier in the season in Ontario, and that lasted only one game.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Cernak didn't play today due to injury, and Slovakia got eliminated 6-0 by Sweden.

Kempe with a goal and an assist, as they now advance to the medal round. They play the winner of Finland and Canada.

Speaking of Finland; I am working on my shift by shift video of Jesse Puljujarvi, and my goodness is this kid talented.

Definitely impressive. Next Finnish Flash perhaps. Aaaand Canada is eliminated.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden

Isn't Dergachyov a winger? Don't think I've ever seen him play center, admittedly I've only ever seen him play internationally but still.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Isn't Dergachyov a winger? Don't think I've ever seen him play center, admittedly I've only ever seen him play internationally but still.

He's listed as a C/RW, so I'm assuming he can play both positions, much like Kempe. I'm hoping he'll turn out to be a center for us, along with Kempe. We really need good young prospects in that position.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Maybe DL knew what he was doing giving away the #13 instead of wasting it on some loser Canadians :D

Great to see Finnish hockey rebound a bit, they've been quiet in recent years, obviously did something good in 2014 but now it's a few years of great prospects and excellence. Beyond goalies they hadn't done much in years...

Re Dergachyov and Kempe, never seen AD line up at center, and Kempe has reportedly been very good there, though if one of his criticisms is defensive awareness, doesn't seem like he'll be a good idea for the Kings system at C...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
And anyone catch Strome's tantrum at the end? :laugh: He'll be a perfect fit in Arizona.

23515881823_6028e2dd7e_z.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad