World Junior Championships

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
How does him playing on this dumpster fire with a bunch of overpaid losers who don’t even try help him?
Its nhl time and he's growing and getting more of it. Getting more powerplay time too. Boqvist still makes sense because he's mostly just in the AHL

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Dach would have been a Canadian hero and boosted his marketability a ton.

He misses like a week or two of NHL time. That ain't deterring his development.

Reactions: BobbyJet

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
You don't need to be Canadian to be upset that he isn't going there. WJC is a big tournament. And he could have a great experience playing a big role for his national team. In addition, such opportunity appears once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

Or playing 10-12 minutes for a team where he is maybe the only one who really cares is better? The FO sure thinks so, I guess, because they're still competing. Yeah. They need "pieces".

Reactions: BobbyJet

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
You don't need to be Canadian to be upset that he isn't going there. WJC is a big tournament. And he could have a great experience playing a big role for his national team. In addition, such opportunity appears once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

Or playing 10-12 minutes for a team where he is maybe the only one who really cares is better? The FO sure thinks so, I guess, because they're still competing. Yeah. They need "pieces".
Still not seeing the outrage.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017

Let dach go have fun for a week or two. This team is going no where anyways.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Its nhl time and he's growing and getting more of it. Getting more powerplay time too. Boqvist still makes sense because he's mostly just in the AHL

Yep. 3 weeks of NHL time is better than flying to the Czech rep and playing for junior teams. And then jet lagging your way back after.

More consistent just to stay and train, and play against NHL comp. less exciting for some fans though.

Reactions: d rake

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kirbys dream came true 6 months ago at the draft and he’s living it everyday.
One can have more than one dream. World Juniors are a BIG DEAL in Canada. A third of the population watches. I know it's hard to comprehend because the US has only won a meager 4 times, but it's a huge event.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
One can have more than one dream. World Juniors are a BIG DEAL in Canada. A third of the population watches. I know it's hard to comprehend because the US has only won a meager 4 times, but it's a huge event.

And besides an 18-year-old kid could use a break from the dreariness that must be dominating Hawks dressing room these days.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
And besides an 18-year-old kid could use a break from the dreariness that must be dominating Hawks dressing room these days.
Precisely. Winning gold for Canada as the team's 1C is gonna be a whole lot more encouraging than hanging around an absent captain, and returning home from optional practices to be greeted by Seabs arms deep in a bucket of KFC.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

Yeah it’s super hard to comprehend that Canada loses their shit over a limited tournament with an age cap. I’m f***ing with you too by the way. I wouldn’t have cared if Kirby went either. Just getting ready for some chirping for the WJC when USA curb stomps your ass.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Yeah it’s super hard to comprehend that Canada loses their **** over a limited tournament with an age cap. I’m ****ing with you too by the way. I wouldn’t have cared if Kirby went either. Just getting ready for some chirping for the WJC when USA curb stomps your ass.
Maybe it’s best that @AmericanDream is on a break right now :laugh:

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad