World Junior Championships

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Since it's officially December 1st, think it's time to fire up this bad bird. The WJC teams will start announcing their rosters very soon.

Who do you guys think will be in from each country in regards to our prospect pool...? If you were Stan, do you loan Dach to team Canada to try and win a gold medal (similar to Jokiharju last season) or let him continue to develop here? Do you believe future Blackhawk Alexis Lafreniere will dominate in this tournament? etc. :D

Reactions: d rake

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’d send Dach just to give him a break and allow him some fun playing hockey.

Reactions: tgh

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
If Dach is up for the year I wouldn’t let him go. I get why he might want too but he’s been hanging in the best league on the planet. There’s nothing he’s gonna learn at that level that will be anything but a reinforcement of bad habits.
Send him. Let him experience some non-toxic Hockey.. He doesn't really need to see what losing looks like all year.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Eligible Hawks

Canada
-Kirby Dach
-Alexis Gravel
-Cole Moberg

USA
-Alec Regula
-Jake Wise
-Alex Vlasic
-Dominic Basse

Sweden
-Adam Boqvist

Finland
-Antti Saarela
-Niklas Nordgren

Czech
-Michal Teply

Teply for sure makes the Czech team, no? I think Dach will be allowed to go unless we go on a massive win streak.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes...loan Dach to TeamCanada...Stan is crazy if he refuses.

DACH is not making much of a difference hi en his limited monutes...and I think he has hit the q8 yr old wall of realization how tough it is to influence a game with big production against MHL pros during z grind when you are only 18 and not at your matured body peak..

He ought to be playing his oerr age group to simply restore confidence after being around this bunch of sorry Hawk and their loser ways where Hawks now look like bottom feeders and no way a playoff team.

Reactions: Hawks AJL

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Niklas Nordgren is named Finland's preliminary U20 WJC training camp roster list.
Official Finland's U20 WJC training camp roster will be announced next week.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i really hope dach goes and plays. once in a lifetime thing (usually) for these guys to go try to win one. also i would rather watch him dominate that tournament and get minutes.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Bob McKenzie said that he is almost 99% certain that Dach won’t be loaned for the WJHC during the Canada selection camp roster announcement today. He is usually pretty spot on with these sorts of things.

Reactions: d rake

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Bob McKenzie said that he is almost 99% certain that Dach won’t be loaned for the WJHC during the Canada selection camp roster announcement today. He is usually pretty spot on with these sorts of things.
It would come as a big surprise to me if the Hawks didn't send him

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Hopefully Saarela makes it but it's looking unlikely.

Saarela is 2001 age group so he can play 2021 U20 WJC's.
It's not a surprise if / when Saarela won't make this years U20 WJC team.

Even that preliminary list contains 16 players who were winning U18 WJC gold 2018.
But as i said the official training camp roster announcement is next week so lets wait and see.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Saarela is 2001 age group so he can play 2021 U20 WJC's.
It's not a surprise if / when Saarela won't make this years U20 WJC team.

Even that preliminary list contains 16 players who were winning U18 WJC gold 2018.
But as i said the official training camp roster announcement is next week so lets wait and see.

Yea I understand not everyone is that special of a talent that age (like Aatu Raty for example).

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Same situation for Barret Hayton, Joe Veleno and Noah Dobson. Team Canada would easily take all four of them.
Hayton.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->