GDT: World Junior Championships 2013 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Subban deserves a lot of credit for this win. He kept the game close with some great saves early on, while the rest of the team was MIA.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Schiefle was simply a workhorse.

Rielly was an offensive spark.

Close call but I still go with the workhorse.

Rielly was an offensive spark, who was also the most steady player in his own end by a large margin. Should have been Rielly who won, not like it matters though.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Rielly was an offensive spark, who was also the most steady player in his own end by a large margin. Should have been Rielly who won, not like it matters though.

This is what I was most happy about Rielly's game, TBH. We all know his offense is there, but he's made tons of solid plays in his own end today.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
That was quite the heady play by Scheifele though. Can't overestimate the effects of heady plays.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Scheifele took a lot of **** today. Completely deserving of the PotG award.

IMO, Camara's hit was the game changer. Canada was a completely different team after that. They looked motivated, and I think would have easily killed off that major if it wasn't for the 5-on-3. It's sad that they called that a penalty, but the refs got the call right by the rulebook. Any head contact in the IIHF is a penalty, regardless of the cause of the contact. It's a rule problem, not a reffing problem.

That said, the reffing in the 3rd was simply atrocious.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Scheifele took a lot of **** today. Completely deserving of the PotG award.

IMO, Camara's hit was the game changer. Canada was a completely different team after that. They looked motivated, and I think would have easily killed off that major if it wasn't for the 5-on-3. It's sad that they called that a penalty, but the refs got the call right by the rulebook. Any head contact in the IIHF is a penalty, regardless of the cause of the contact. It's a rule problem, not a reffing problem.

That said, the reffing in the 3rd was simply atrocious.
It's hard to miss the head when a player is stupid enough to skate around with his chin dragging on the ice. No malicious intent at all, but likely a suspension. Right piss off too. It was a beauty.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
It's hard to miss the head when a player is stupid enough to skate around with his chin dragging on the ice.

Agreed. Again, rulebook problem, not a reffing problem.

I hope Lipon doesn't get a suspension. Stupid hit, but that shouldn't be a suspension.

He probably will, though.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Rielly is an animal, it's so annoying to see someone like Murphy continue to get the push even though he lacks results...

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Flitted through your post :laugh: my bad. Lipon is more likely to get one IMO. He actually led and followed through with his elbow. Can't do that in Europe.

Agreed again.

If Camara gets a suspension, that's a real problem, and I imagine would spark a huge uproar from Team Canada itself, let alone the fans.

I still don't think Lipon's hit is worth a suspension, but I think most everyone could still understand it.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
How dumb is it that the IIHF still has not rewarded Rielly an assist in the 1st game on the first goal by Ouellete

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
Great game for Reilly! great to see a leafs prospect be a difference maker. 3 points in the second period was awesome.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Rielly was one of the best players for Canada tonight. I liked what I saw.

Rielly's been the best defenseman on the team in the tourney so far quite easily, IMO. Hamilton's been shakey, we all know how bad Murphy's been and Reinhart and Wotherspoon have been solid defensively, but not overly flashy, though Wotherspoon has a couple nice assists setting up breakaways. Maybe there's some argument to be made for Harrington, but he doesn't really have the O that Rielly has.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Will say one thing for the Camara hit, the stupid call seemed to piss Canada off enough to take over this game. Could be handy spark to give the team more identity. Literally them vs the world out there.

Do wish Rielly would get the minutes he actually should. Playing great, but let's just keep shoving Murphy out there instead until something happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad