GDT: World Junior Championships 2013 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It was 3-1 UofA over Team Canada after 1 period today.

Team Canada Final Roster

F Camara
F Danault
F Drouin
F Huberdeau
F Hudon
F Jenner
F Lipon
F MacKinnon
F Nugent-Hopkins
F Rattie
F Ritchie
F Scheifele
F Strome

D Hamilton
D Harrington
D Murphy
D Ouellet
D Reinhart
D Rielly
D Wotherspoon

G Binnington
G Paterson
G Subban

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Maybe a team is better than a collection of players?

CIS getting better perhaps with the money CHL pays towards junior players education, it could be there are more graduated CHL players in Canadian universities today.

I don't think the big guns are playing for TC either. There's probably a good majority of 20 and 21 year olds on the UofA team also.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I thought MacKinnon and Drouin both played very well. Dumba was horrific. Subban had an off game but those happen.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun
Monahan is eligilble for 2013 NHL draft. Spott had said today he thought Monahan had NHL-level hockey sense. #SunWorldJuniors

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Looks like Rielly is a lock for the squad.

Nugent-Hopkins, Scheifele and Huberdeau were among a dozen players who didn't play in Wednesday's 4-1 exhibition loss to the University of Alberta Golden Bears.

Defencemen Dougie Hamilton, Morgan Rielly and Scott Harrington and forwards Strome, Philip Danault, Boone Jenner, Charles Hudon and Brett Ritchie also sat out, meaning they are safe bets to be on 23-player Canadian team announced Thursday night. Defender Xavier Ouellet was a scratch because of an ankle injury.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=411512

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
TSN playing the 2009 WJHC Canada vs. USA game. One of the best in Juniors history IMO.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Morgan looks like a lock

I expect Dumba to get cut next time unless he pulls some magic fairy dust out of his ass

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Would have liked to see more of Monahan, guy's great and I would have loved him on the team.

Crazy. He's been johnny on the ball so far this year in Portland, point per game guy (more technically).

Let down for Pens fans I would imagine
Speaking as more of a Pens' fan than Leafs, I can safely say nobody's really let down. Canada's too stacked on D for him to make it and everybody expected that. Just glad he acquitted himself admirably and hopefully gained some good experience.

MAYBE Mackinnon will make it. Maybe. No undrafted player has since Crosby.
Tavares? Hall? Stamkos?

Either way, at this point, I'd be surprised if he didn't make it. Too talented and he's been really good too in his tryouts.

JVR2112

Jun 29, 2012
I think no undrafted player has made it DURING a lockout. Only a few get the opportunity. I don't really get the comparisons to Crosby though for MacKinnon. If anyone is on Crosby's level, it'll probably be McDavid.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, not too surprised here. Really if any undrafted guy makes it from this group it will be MacKinnon because of how good he's been so far.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dumba go in the next round of cuts if he doesn't come through in the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->