GDT: World Junior Championships 2013 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Horrrrible give away by Jones last shift. An instance where he needs to use his head, and make a smart play.

Badger Mayhew*

Galchenyuk hasn't been very good today vs a good team

I know he's a Habs prospect, but the kid is still a beast.

We picked 5th and still got the second or third best prospect of the draft at this point. No shame in that.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
I don't know what is so good about Ryan Murphy, he thinks he's the only player on the ice, barely passes the puck on good opportunities and still gets top minutes...

I hope the coach is just trying to get him out of a funk against easier teams. You can't expect to win when you give Murphy big minutes against teams like Sweden and Russia etc.

If he can't get it going, it's time to lower his workload.

Yea Reilly should be getting his ice time. But Murphy plays for Spott in Kitchener. So Spott is probably used to him and knows what he is getting with Murphy.

I'm guessing Reilly will get more as the tournament progresses.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
I didn't think any Yank had a good first period. Seem to have picked it up here.

He's getting shut-down by Seth Jones, who can actually match him stride for stride. And of course because of the type of player he is, he is now trying to take into his own hands and is not using his linemates. It's completely selfish, and a good example of when being competitive can be a negative attribute.

Horrrrible give away by Jones last shift. An instance where he needs to use his head, and make a smart play.

His first mistake in this game, but I agree with you here.

The IIHF has already cleared Camara, and probably put safety first, even at the expense of clean hits.

Is Lipon the player who threw the knee the other day?

Yes; Lipon threw the knee the other day.

Anyway, this is a good thing for Canada, since losing players to suspension appears to be what it'll take to get Drouin and Mackinnon together on a line.

Yea Reilly should be getting his ice time. But Murphy plays for Spott in Kitchener. So Spott is probably used to him and knows what he is getting with Murphy.

I'm guessing Reilly will get more as the tournament progresses.

This is a weak justification for an inferior player, particularly one who is inadequate defensively.

I'm not saying this is your argument, but it appears to be what everyone is thinking or using to rationalize Spott's decision to play Murphy.

Galchenyuk hasn't been very good today vs a good team

I disagree. His linemates have failed to help him offensively.

Ray Ferraro has a serious "mancrush" on Seth Jones. Quite funny!

I don't even...

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I tried to resist checking the score when I got into work today, since I PVR'd the game to watch later, but that lasted all of 5 minutes

Saw Rielly with a goal and two assists and was immediately pumped, glad to read he had a great game .. Hopefully he keeps stepping it up as the competition gets tougher :nod:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
He's getting shut-down by Seth Jones, who can actually match him stride for stride. And of course because of the type of player he is, he is now trying to take into his own hands and is not using his linemates. It's completely selfish, and a good example of when being competitive can be a negative attribute.

Talking about Yakupov here?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Jones looking like Lebda. Not moving his feet, just waved at Nichushkin. Hockey's equivalent yo an arm tackle in football.

Shake it off kid..

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I would bench Yakupov unless he lears to pass, and quick. He's gonna cost his team with this selfish garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad