Pre-Game Talk: World Junior Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

I think they should keep Mantha, Hudon, and Drouin together as they had great chemistry during the Super Subway Series.

I honestly think Drouin is the type of player who can create chemistry with anyone. He was the only one who truly stuck out in those Q games, and he got the puck to those other guys in good spots.

Hudon does not belong on a top line at this tourney for me. Good player though, but might as well add some offense to the bottom 6.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
He's a good skater.

Girard over Leipsic is a pretty big one too. I have French Canadian heritage, but those adds to me seem like HC trying to be inclusive.

Seriously. I've actually never heard of Girard. I mean I don't follow the Q because we have no prospects there and I kind of hate when we draft players from there so I don't go out of my way to armchair scout the league, but I still have a decent idea of who's who.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I hate the Gauthier invite.

Petan will make the team as the #2C IMO. Horvat might take his draws, but he'll be high up the lineup.

Leier will make the team.

Same here.

Always said that the WHL produces better international players than the QMJHL. Gauthier and Girard are both odd selections for me, over guys like Domi and Klimchuk.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Wow I'm Shocked no Domi invite. Didn't this kid light it up score as many points as Mcdavid in the U17?

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Wow I'm Shocked no Domi invite. Didn't this kid light it up score as many points as Mcdavid in the U17?

He's had an underwhelming season thus far and has a rep as a selfish player (taking dumb penalties) and I guess Sutter decided he only wanted one risky, offensive player and went with the WHL guy in Shinkaruk.

StringerBell

Not at all shocked with the Domi and Nurse cuts. I didn't have either guy on my pre-camp roster either. Nurse is prone to making the same type of stupid decisions we see from Edler and Domi has been a bit unimpressive this year, not to mention how undisciplined both guys play. However if we don't fare well this tourney these cuts will be chastised by every talking head on TSN.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Domi's a gutless prima donna, glad they left him out.

Also I will see you in court for having a name too close to mine. You're infringing on my brand! When people see two capital letters followed "Nuck" they expect sarcastic, stat scouting homerific nonsense lacking in substance. What if you were to start posting useful things??

Last edited:

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Anyone Know the reason Nurse didn't get an invite? Near a point a game big mean defensemen.

Is he to slow for big Ice?

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Anyone Know the reason Nurse didn't get an invite? Near a point a game big mean defensemen.

Is he to slow for big Ice?

They probably wanted to go with some more reliable defenders. Nurse has pretty good wheels for a big guy but makes defensive gaffs. Like SB said, can be Edler-like at times. It probably didn't help that he was embarrassed on two goals against in the Subway Series.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
They probably wanted to go with some more reliable defenders. Nurse has pretty good wheels for a big guy but makes defensive gaffs. Like SB said, can be Edler-like at times. It probably didn't help that he was embarrassed on two goals against in the Subway Series.

Took some bad penalties in the summer camp too IIRC. Just a lot of better choices. Even though Donovan McNabb is his uncle. I don't know if Sportsnet or TSN mentioned that enough times.

StringerBell

Also I will see you in court for having a name too close to mine. You're infringing on my brand! When people see two capital letters followed "Nuck" they expect sarcastic, stat scouting homerific nonsense lacking in substance. What if you were to start posting useful things??

You forgot "hilarious avatars" ;)

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I really hope Shinkaruk makes this team I mean he almost made the Canucks roster.

And he scored in the subway series I didn't see the goal anyone know if it was flashy?

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Took some bad penalties in the summer camp too IIRC. Just a lot of better choices. Even though Donovan McNabb is his uncle. I don't know if Sportsnet or TSN mentioned that enough times.

Shame, I was hoping he'd make the team so TSN could inform more Canadians about Nurse's bloodlines. They really need to bring it up that Donovan McNabb is Nurse's uncle.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I really hope Shinkaruk makes this team I mean he almost made the Canucks roster.

And he scored in the subway series I didn't see the goal anyone know if it was flashy?

I didn't catch it either but I heard it was nice. Ended up being the game-winning and series-winning goal.

StringerBell

Had the puck behind the net, came around the front kind of flipping the puck over the defenders stick and banged it in 5-hole. Not really that flashy but a nice piece of work nonetheless.

^^^^ Haha see for yourself

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
It seems a propensity to take penalties may have been seen as a real negative by the selection committee. Several of the notable omissions in Nurse, Poirier and Domi seem to be penalty prone.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Pretty damn Smart Play! I love when players flip it to themselves like that to create space or avoid a stick check.

Very excellent quick hands. I think that goal might have cemented his position on the team.

Thanks for posting

arsmaster*

Or rage about Right Handed defensman and sv%.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad