Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Argentina

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We’re all rooting for Messi and Argentina, but my question is if Argentina wins this World Cup and Messi retires from Argentina, where do they stand among best National Teams?

Because the way I see it, there’s no way they are top 5, and are probably barely towards the end of the top 10. I think they’ll be in worse shape than the Belgian team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We’re all rooting for Messi and Argentina, but my question is if Argentina wins this World Cup and Messi retires from Argentina, where do they stand among best National Teams?

Because the way I see it, there’s no way they are top 5, and are probably barely towards the end of the top 10. I think they’ll be in worse shape than the Belgian team.
Lmaoooo was wondering when you would provide us a gem..

“The US will produce better talent than Argentina in 10 years”

This was in 2018 … maybe 100 years

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The answer is that teams like Argentina find players and do well a whole lot faster than most other countries. They know tactics that’s part of why. For example Alvarez wasn’t really even a part of the Copa. Neither was Molina and Enzo wasn’t even in the squad. Countries like that don’t struggle for long. The outlier and surprising thing was that they couldn’t win for this long.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
The answer is that teams like Argentina find players and do well a whole lot faster than most other countries. They know tactics that’s part of why. For example Alvarez wasn’t really even a part of the Copa. Neither was Molina and Enzo wasn’t even in the squad. Countries like that don’t struggle for long. The outlier and surprising thing was that they couldn’t win for this long.

Especially considering some of the teams that they had. Argentina 98, 2002 and 2006 player for player was 1000000X better than the team this year.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

We are?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Unless you are a France fan. I don’t know why any neutral wouldn’t be.
I am Canadian, but I have been rooting for France in international competitions since I've started paying attention to the sport. Reason? French is my first language. It is as stupid as that.

#2: I am a Real Madrid fan, so I do not give a f*** about Messi, a Barca legend, finally winning the big one. I respect the guy, but I won't openly root for him.

I mean, there are plenty of reasons :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am Canadian, but I have been rooting for France in international competitions since I've started paying attention to the sport. Reason? French is my first language. It is as stupid as that.

#2: I am a Real Madrid fan, so I do not give a f*** about Messi, a Barca legend, finally winning the big one. I respect the guy, but I won't openly root for him.

I mean, there are plenty of reasons :laugh:

Well, I said neutrals. You aren’t a neutral. That’s your right.

I have no stake in Argentina, Barcelona, or PSG. I am a fan of the sport. I think Messi deserves to go out with a World Cup. I think that’s the view of neutrals.

Reactions: luiginb

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, you are choosing to root for Argentina which... makes you not... neutral?

We are getting into semantics, but I’m a neutral because before deciding what outcome I’d like I had no stake in any side of it. You can root for a certain outcome in a sporting event and be a neutral.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Well I am definitely rooting Argentina not because I love Messi but because I can’t stand France. Vamos ArgenTina!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad