Votes: 41 83.7%
  • USA

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Meh.

I don't think the Netherlands is really all that good and it was still taking candy from a baby sort of stuff. Long way to go still for concacaf teams.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Well It's the result I expected (2-1 was my expectation) but was hoping... Oh well. Young team. and we need a finisher... And to learn how to Mark

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That’s what you get when you bench CCV

In all seriousness, the Dutch were far and away the better team. Well deserved win
CCV wouldn’t have made a difference. I don’t think you can really blame the CBs for the goals. It was mostly the fullbacks and midfielders not dropping and picking up their guys.

Reactions: Tryamw

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I know it's not gonna happen but I would love to see the Aussies beat Argentina, this announcer won't stop talking about the winning team playing against Messi and totally disregarding the Socceroos.

Messi's fandom across the globe is crazy. He is beloved by everyone and I mean "everyone". Team Argentina all the way!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I kinda feel like if the US wants to be on *that* level, they need a manager who is at that level, and not be worried that Klinsmann was a disaster.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
@Live in the Now is it just me or does Musah remind you of LFC Chamberlain before his knee exploded against Roma
Yeah.

What I was gonna say after the game was that we had better athletes than them so that idea about 'if our best athletes played this sport we would win' is total bullshit. We had bad tactics and our academies can't develop strikers so we lost. They figured out all the other positions at least.

The US relied on the inexperienced youth too much and not on veterans.

You have no idea what you're talking about

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
At this time

I have no doubt in mind mind he at least gets offered an extension.

If he leaves I feel like they try to hire like Roberto Martinez or something
Well yeah probably but I want someone who doesn’t like MLS. Multiple guys who shouldn’t have been there.
He did better than Klinsmann!
That bar is on the ground and no he didn’t. He did the same. Both teams made it to the round of 16 and no further.

Reactions: gary69

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I know DD is not the most technically gifted player on the Netherlands, but he cannot have the space he was afforded to today.

It's a terrible look from a tactical perspective.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
This is probably the furthest USA could go with this squad (honestly they should have brought few other players instead of some of those who were included) but Beerhalter just didn't have the winning tactics and player selections in the tournament.

His aim seemed more to be not to lose, or at least not to lose badly. Some other smaller / similar nations showed a more courageous approach.

Their defence needs most work going forward. they have some decent forwards, who are still young enough for the future tournaments, but need to be utilisized more to their strenghts.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yeah.

What I was gonna say after the game was that we had better athletes than them so that idea about 'if our best athletes played this sport we would win' is total bullshit. We had bad tactics and our academies can't develop strikers so we lost. They figured out all the other positions at least.

You have no idea what you're talking about
They’re the youngest team in the tournament.

Why wasn’t Yedlin, with 98 caps, play more? Every time he was in the game he made a difference.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I know DD is not the most technically gifted player on the Netherlands, but he cannot have the space he was afforded to today.

It's a terrible look from a tactical perspective.
Again Berhalter not recognizing the rangers. Kind of felt like he ignored what the Dutch like to do to generate offense and instead was like, let’s shut down Cody Gakpo. Mission accomplished

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They’re the youngest team in the tournament.

Why wasn’t Yedlin, with 98 caps, play more? Every time he was in the game he made a difference.

Being the youngest team in the tournament and making the knockouts is a good thing, they host the tournament in four years and there's no reason to play old hanger on kinds of players. Yedlin is a terrible player and that's a major reason why Netherlands scored the third goal. He doesn't take the ball off their attacker and doesn't close down the cross leaving Adams to do it instead.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad