• Morocco

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
For the future, Spain needs to find somebody, who can score goals in bigger matches. They started the tournament with all guns blazing, but then sunk quickly.

All group E teams are now out.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Spain have only themself to blame though. Can’t believe why they still continue to play this outdated possessionfootball? It’s been outdated for a decade.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
For the future, Spain needs to find somebody, who can score goals in bigger matches. They started the tournament with all guns blazing, but then sunk quickly.

All group E teams are now out.
This is what I was saying before the tournament about Spain 2010. I think, amidst the discourse of "they rolled to the title by suffocating teams with possession," it was lost that David Villa scored the goals that won them a bunch of 1-0's.

Reactions: Tryamw

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Spain have only themself to blame though. Can’t believe why they still continue to play this outdated possessionfootball? It’s been outdated for a decade.
They had the talent to not let this get to penalties. They chose to do what they did.

Morocco was quite happy, rightfully so, to let penalties decide the game.

You play with fire, you get burned.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
This is what happens when your #9 plays midfield and your best striker is Morata.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
You knew Spain were doomed when their first PK taker was the guy they subbed on late in ET, who in the 5 minutes he was on the pitch hit at least two terrible corners and missed a sitter in the last minute of ET. Could see the doubt and fear in his face even then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad