• Morocco

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
To celebrate Luis Enrique's resignation and given the fact I've got way too much time on my hands today as I'm sick with the flu and it's also a bank holiday, I thought I'd pull a cgf and choose the team I'd pick for Spain right now (ergo no Oyarzabal or Fati that I didn't get to see too much after their injuries):

Kepa Arrizabalaga (Alex Remiro)(David Soria)

Daniel Carvajal (Lucas Vazquez)
Aymeric Laporte (Sergio Ramos)
Marcos Alonso (Nacho Fernandez)
Alejandro Grimaldo (Sergio Gomez)

Rodri (Mikel Merino)
Pedri (Carlos Soler)
Thiago (Fabian Ruiz)

Marcos Asensio (Adama Traore)
Gerard Moreno (Iago Aspas)
Dani Olmo (Ferran Torres)

extras: Iker Muniain, Marc Cucurella, Jose Gaya

Reactions: cgf and Panteras

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
To celebrate Luis Enrique's resignation and given the fact I've got way too much time on my hands today as I'm sick with the flu and it's also a bank holiday, I thought I'd pull a cgf and choose the team I'd pick for Spain right now (ergo no Oyarzabal or Fati that I didn't get to see too much after their injuries):

Rodri (Mikel Merino)
Pedri (Carlos Soler)
Thiago (Fabian Ruiz)

Not sure how to react to Marcos Alonso at CB, other than wondering if your aim is chaos rather than victory

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Well he's been surprisingly good there for Barcelona this year, and look at who I have as backups. It's a weak position for Spain right now. This team isn't good enough to win cups anymore, but I'm sure it could have beaten Morocco.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Well he's been surprisingly good there for Barcelona this year, and look at who I have as backups. It's a weak position for Spain right now. This team isn't good enough to win cups anymore, but I'm sure it could have beaten Morocco.
I'll take your word for it, hahaha - from five years of watching Alonso at Chelsea the thought of him playing centrally gives me hives

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I also thought Xavi was insane to play him there but hey it worked (for the record, I'd still have played Pique there). He's good in the air and, of course, passing from the back.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I also thought Xavi was insane to play him there but hey it worked (for the record, I'd still have played Pique there). He's good in the air and, of course, passing from the back.
This is true, he's very very good in the air - although better at offensive headers than defensive ones.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Your coaches this year played a left midfielder in Cucurella at center back, so I understand a bit the PTSD.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Rodri (Mikel Merino)
Pedri (Carlos Soler)
Thiago (Fabian Ruiz)

Sorry, but that’s pretty bad. Defense in particular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad