• Poland

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It usually is this way.

In the entire history of tournament football, England have never, not one single time, ever beaten a true top team in the knockouts, outside of tournaments held on home soil. Not once. Ever.

I guess I'm not surprised, but not even back in the long, long ago? In the before-times?

What's their best win outside of england?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So you're saying that he's just as successful of a coach as Jogi Löw? :sarcasm:

...I disagreed with that poster too, just teasing since Jogi accomplished that too, despite being s***...
Low has had club success? When, where?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I guess I'm not surprised, but not even back in the long, long ago? In the before-times?

What's their best win outside of england?
Maybe Colombia 2018. Or maybe Belguim 1990. Neither a true powerhouse at the time.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maybe Colombia 2018. Or maybe Belguim 1990. Neither a true powerhouse at the time.

Damn, I'd have thought that somewhere along the line he had a win against a true tier 1 or 2 team.

I do think this team has the talent to beat a top team at some point, so even if Southgate's never good enough for them to win a trophy, he could help them break that negative-run.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Dembele should’ve sent that one across the goalmouth rather than pull it back for Mbappe.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Damn, I'd have thought that somewhere along the line he had a win against a true tier 1 or 2 team.

I do think this team has the talent to beat a top team at some point, so even if Southgate's never good enough for them to win a trophy, he could help them break that negative-run.
It is surprising, mostly for the perception that national team holds. And, in my opinion, they’ve only just started to produce skilled players on the level of top tier nations very recently. For the majority of the games history, they’ve been mostly clumsy and awkward, rather than technically proficient.

Even still, the stat I mentioned does surprise many people. To the point that some go off and google for six minutes, only to come back and say “holy shit”. They’ve never been top tier themselves.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That bad ref decision about Tchouameni 's card results in him being subbed early.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Which is not Giroud's problem. A polish player hurt their goalie? Big deal.
I understand. Im just saying, had all the players continued playing, I don’t see that shot even taking place, nevermind going into the net.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The foul was on Varane who bad both his hands on the Polish defender's back

Beat Argentina in the group stages, 1-0.
Reread my original post on the subject.

Actually, I’ll type it out again, because it’s fun to do so.

England have never once beaten a top tier team in a knockout game in any tournament held outside of England.

I never mentioned anything about group stage matches.

Reactions: Karterthadon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe is so quick that apparently you're allowed to pull his shirt without being called for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad