• France

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • Poland

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aye, but R9 was otherworldly at dribbling in close spaces, Mbappé is not, which is why Mbappé is still very containable.
Wrong. Mbappe is a great dribbler in small spaces
And nobody has contained him so far.

Mbappe is not a great finisher though. He's stilll developping that part of this game (and that it scary). He can miss some real big chances. Ronaldo is a better finisher, or at least was in the latter part of his career when his knees couldn't afford to make him explosive.

Jorginho has recently worked his way past that by switching up when he does the bounce and when he takes a normal pen, to good effect. He definitely had been figured out
Neymar still has that weird way to shooting pens and he's most likely the best pen shooter in the world.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In my FM save, France meets England in the QF. Obviously England wins because it's FM and anything british is highly overrated (not saying it can't happen, but it will happen 9/10 in FM).
Much more hilarious is that the following teams are through to the semis : England, Morocco, Germany and Wales.
England wins, Germany finishes 2nd and Wales 3rd.

Well done FM.

In my latest FM save France won England 3-0, but that was in the semis. Then France beat Brazil in the final on penalties. I also remember an earlier save, where Argentina won the WC.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
In my FM save, France meets England in the QF. Obviously England wins because it's FM and anything british is highly overrated (not saying it can't happen, but it will happen 9/10 in FM).
Much more hilarious is that the following teams are through to the semis : England, Morocco, Germany and Wales.
England wins, Germany finishes 2nd and Wales 3rd.

Well done FM.
Forgot a few things :
Abraham is the WC leading scorer.
Lewandowski was MOTM 3 times.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
In my latest FM save France won England 3-0, but that was in the semis. Then France beat Brazil in the final on penalties. I also remember an earlier save, where Argentina won the WC.
I looked at the regens in FMRTE.
Half of the new wonderkids yearly are english.

Reactions: JPBolts

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Mbappe has been the best player in the world for like at least a year now IMO. Ronaldo hasn't been even near that debate in years, Messi's relative decline has become more obvious in the recent past. This World Cup has a distinct "Messi's Last Hurrah" vibe to it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Messi has been insane this year and better than Mbappe. But Mbappe is getting into form.

Rabiot was amazing today again. He's at the top of his game.
Griezmann was everywhere on the pitch. Didn't always make the right plays, but his effort was A+ and his defensive help was tremendous.
Giroud was once again a key component.
Dembouz had his moments, but he's not daring enough IMO. Probably because he knows DD will sub him out the minute he makes a selfish play.
Kounde and Lloris were the ones that was subpar. Especially in the first half. Kounde is playing off position and Lloris has no excuse.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Messi has been insane this year and better than Mbappe. But Mbappe is getting into form.

Rabiot was amazing today again. He's at the top of his game.
Griezmann was everywhere on the pitch. Didn't always make the right plays, but his effort was A+ and his defensive help was tremendous.
Giroud was once again a key component.
Dembouz had his moments, but he's not daring enough IMO. Probably because he knows DD will sub him out the minute he makes a selfish play.
Kounde and Lloris were the ones that was subpar. Especially in the first half. Kounde is playing off position and Lloris has no excuse.

Biggest revelation for France. He's playing like one of the best midfielders in the world right now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Crazy thing is that France is one of the three favorites, probably has the best path to the final and everyone pretty much hates DD and doesn’t even think this is the best French roster.

Just speaks to the depth that the French have and the ability of Mbappe to carry the team

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I looked at the regens in FMRTE.
Half of the new wonderkids yearly are english.
The reason is that they set a limit to current ability and the number of high potential ability due to league reputation and strength. It's stupid and underrates so many players.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The reason is that they set a limit to current ability and the number of high potential ability due to league reputation and strength. It's stupid and underrates so many players.

It also depends a lot which countries, national teams, competitions and leagues you have selected to be shown in full detail.

I always choose at least Brazil, Argentina leagues, Copa Lib, African & Asian CL and all teams in continental competitions plus about 100 National teams fully loaded in detail. So I have about 500 000 players in my save.

Thus I see wonderkids from lots of places in my saves.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
….? Who besides Mendy?

Cech and Courtois were both pretty unambiguously world class
Just saying Chelsea like tall keepers. Slonina is next if he ever gets out of the loan squad. They scout tall keepers, and get the most out of them. When they had Courtois he was still pretty inconsistent and could barely kick the ball well. Courtois didn’t find his best level until Navas left Madrid

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It also depends a lot which countries, national teams, competitions and leagues you have selected to be shown in full detail.

I always choose at least Brazil, Argentina leagues, Copa Lib, African & Asian CL and all teams in continental competitions plus about 100 National teams fully loaded in detail. So I have about 500 000 players in my save.

You must have a super computer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But league reputation has absolutely no link to the numbers of prospects said league produces.
Brazil isn't a great league and yet nobody would dispute it procudes tons of talent.

I do too, and England still produces the most wonderkids. Not forgetting that you often get insane players out of Ireland or Scotland because...

You must have a super computer.
Here's a not so well known hint :
The quickness of FM doesn't depend on the number of players, but rather the number of simulated leagues.
When you start a new game, choose "advanced" when you get the size of the DB choice. There you can choose for instance "every player from South America". Then you don't have to use brazilian or argentinian leagues as playable.
It will write that the CPU will be slower, but in fact, it will be quicker.

Reactions: JPBolts

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
But league reputation has absolutely no link to the numbers of prospects said league produces.
Brazil isn't a great league and yet nobody would dispute it procudes tons of talent.

I do too, and England still produces the most wonderkids. Not forgetting that you often get insane players out of Ireland or Scotland because...

Here's a not so well known hint :
The quickness of FM doesn't depend on the number of players, but rather the number of simulated leagues.
When you start a new game, choose "advanced" when you get the size of the DB choice. There you can choose for instance "every player from South America". Then you don't have to use brazilian or argentinian leagues as playable.
It will write that the CPU will be slower, but in fact, it will be quicker.

But at the same time it's better to have some leagues from each region and continental competitions with full team squads playable. Otherwise lots of youngsters won't get playing time and won't develop to their potential. In view only leagues they develop a bit better, but not as well as in the playable leagues.

If you only have say half a dozen European leagues playable, the game generates lots of wonderkids in those leagues. But if you have 20-30 other leagues playable as well, they're spreaded out more widely.

In my last couple of saves, I haven't got any wonderkids from either Scotland or Ireland (in the first couple of decades at least), usually they struggle to develop a couple of players at around 150 PA and that's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad