• France

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • Poland

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well I get plenty of them, using the official DB.

And I find plenty of players developping well by simulating just as use playable leagues.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
But league reputation has absolutely no link to the numbers of prospects said league produces.
Brazil isn't a great league and yet nobody would dispute it procudes tons of talent.
Tell that to the devs. It's worse when they have to set the abilities for the existing players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tell that to the devs. It's worse when they have to set the abilities for the existing players.
I know. KdB best rated player in the game, Messi 10th, Neymar 14th, Ederson 3rd best goalie and 17th best player in the world...
I wonder how they look themselves in the mirror after this WC.

• Haha
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Well I get plenty of them, using the official DB.

And I find plenty of players developping well by simulating just as use playable leagues.

Well, to be fair, I use a somewhat modified DB, so that probably has some effect when it comes to future years.

As SI has stated, that the game will keep the standard/reputation of leagues and level of players the same that it was in the opening DB. This also affect the transfers, so that many players will be transferred to the league to keep it's average player CA near the same that it was in the opening DB. And the changes in reputation and player level in the leagues will be very slow, alas change takes decades.

So if the average starting level England DB player has CA of 150 and the game has e.g 25 such players, the game will generate that amount of regens in the future as well, so that CA can be maintained. And if Brazil has similar amount at the start, but Brazilian league is not playable, more of those Brazilian regens will be created in playable leagues.

At least this is how it was before, I haven't played many long term saves in FM23, so maybe it has changed in that version, although I have not seen any posts indicating such change at FM forums or elsewhere.

Well, this post is largely off-topic, so let's just say that I fancy France over England. But England has good attacking players too, so hopefully there will plenty of goals in that match.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Just saying Chelsea like tall keepers. Slonina is next if he ever gets out of the loan squad. They scout tall keepers, and get the most out of them. When they had Courtois he was still pretty inconsistent and could barely kick the ball well. Courtois didn’t find his best level until Navas left Madrid
Oh goodness, what a statement!

Courtois was at worst the third best keeper in the world for basically his entire time at Chelsea (I'd say he, Neuer, and De Gea basically tossed around the #1 mantle from 2015-2018). To say he didn't reach his best level until Navas left Madrid is to have not watched his entire Chelsea career.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh goodness, what a statement!

Courtois was at worst the third best keeper in the world for basically his entire time at Chelsea (I'd say he, Neuer, and De Gea basically tossed around the #1 mantle from 2015-2018). To say he didn't reach his best level until Navas left Madrid is to have not watched his entire Chelsea career.
I said what I said. Madrid TC > Chelsea TC

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In part down to France, but Poland showed up better than I expected. Still the result was no surprise. I actually didn’t think Kounde was bad, though the necklace bit was stupid and IMO should have been a yellow card. Dembele was good. Mbappe was very good at times, but others seemed to be off. Griezmann is probably the most underrated player this tournament so far with regards to recognition. Lloris with some clangers.

Lewandowski, please retire. Super Overrated.

While I never felt he was “super” overrated, I always thought he was a little overrated and playing in the Bundesliga played a part. Call me a homer, but I’ve changed my mind now seeing him more often and how he’s helped carry Barca this season and I think he’d deliver in any league. We needed a 9, but he’s been a big difference maker. His WC record and performances have lacked historically IMO, but his club record is fantastic.
I know. KdB best rated player in the game, Messi 10th, Neymar 14th, Ederson 3rd best goalie and 17th best player in the world...
I wonder how they look themselves in the mirror after this WC.

Yeah, it’s kind of ridiculous and it’s not helping our keeper teams which should be doing better than they are.

Reactions: Juve

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I also thought Kounde was really good, and he usually sucks at RB. But me and Evilo usually have radically different opinions on right backs haha, I actually like Pavard.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kounde was better in the second half. But terrible in the first and almost cost a goal.
Pavard costs a goal a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad