Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It'd be disgraceful.

Exactly

burn-elmo.gif

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
TBH I want to see England win because the commentary would be insanely hilarious.
Well as the board's resident "Standing Up For Southgate" poster, I'd not have a problem with that per se. But generally speaking it's probably the South Americans' turn after they struck out 4 times in a row (by far longest stretch since the start of WCs I think).

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Well as the board's resident "Standing Up For Southgate" poster, I'd not have a problem with that per se. But generally speaking it's probably the South Americans' turn after they struck out 4 times in a row (by far longest stretch since the start of WCs I think).
I'd have no problem if Argentina were to win, and I'd be happy for Messi.

Not Brazil though. There would never be a situation where that wouldn't make me want to vomit.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I'd have no problem if Argentina were to win, and I'd be happy for Messi.

Not Brazil though. There would never be a situation where that wouldn't make me want to vomit.
Nah between Argentina and Brazil, Brazil have always been the nice guys that you can cheer for as a neutral without feeling bad. If Germany had beaten Argentina 7-1 in 2014, you would have seen some crazy shithousing from them. Brazil took the loss with a certain amount of dignity tbh that you wouldn't ever expect from Argentina.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
All that being said, besides Croatia-Japan, I think that tomorrow's games should always have been expected to be the closest games.
I think Morocco is going to be absolutely pumped against Spain. I actually support Spain, I’m rooting for them to win it all, but if they come out like they did against Japan I hope they get stomped. They completed over 1000 passes in that game and I believe that they only completed 7 inside the Japanese back end. It’s actually anti football…

Reactions: luiginb

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Nah between Argentina and Brazil, Brazil have always been the nice guys that you can cheer for as a neutral without feeling bad. If Germany had beaten Argentina 7-1 in 2014, you would have seen some crazy shithousing from them. Brazil took the loss with a certain amount of dignity tbh that you wouldn't ever expect from Argentina.
I'm not saying my opinion is objective or grounded in reality.

I absolutely can't stand Brazil or England. A final between those teams would make me pray for a natural disaster.

Reactions: BMann

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
DOnt see how Croatia gets past Brazil after running for 120 minutes. Brazil likely takes the WC if they beat Argentina. No one else stops them

Nice guys like Casemiro, Ederson, Neymar... LOL

Reactions: BMann

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
DOnt see how Croatia gets past Brazil after running for 120 minutes. Brazil likely takes the WC if they beat Argentina. No one else stops them
I kind of agree, though the French might have a shot if they can dictate the pace.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I hope Croatia or Argentina or the Dutch or whoever knock the smile and the dancing off of this Brazilian team the way Germany did but I don't particularly like the Croatian or Argentine teams either lol.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Of the remaining teams, this is the order in which I would like to see them win:

1. Argentina
2. Netherlands
3. Switzerland
4. Morocco
5. Croatia
6. Spain
7. Brazil
8. England
9. France
10. Portugal
you're obviously a Ronaldo homer

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Of the remaining teams, this is the order in which I would like to see them win:

1. Argentina
2. Netherlands
3. Switzerland
4. Morocco
5. Croatia
6. Spain
7. Brazil
8. England
9. France
10. Portugal
Morocco
Croatia
Argentina
England (sorry all, gotta root for Mase Raheem and Gally)

Switzerland
Brazil
France
Spain

Netherlands
Portugal

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
That's a myth. As has been that of joga bonito in the last three decades.

If you actually did some research instead of trotting out cliches Argentina have been one of the cleanest sides in recent World Cups. That 2007 Copa final the Brazilians were so classy they committed over fifty fouls most of which went unpunished by one of the most useless referees I've ever seen.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
you're obviously a Ronaldo homer
They've just won a big tournament and they don't have an Arsenal player to redeem them a la France. Although to be fair, I'm not really counting Copa America as a big tournament with my inclusion of Argentina. Mostly because it feels like CONMEBOL is a bit of a two team confederation at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If Neymar isn’t fully fit, it’s ridiculous that Tite hasn’t pulled him yet.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
They've just won a big tournament and they don't have an Arsenal player to redeem them a la France. Although to be fair, I'm not really counting Copa America as a big tournament with my inclusion of Argentina.
I am the second-worst type of fan: I only pay attention to this sport at the WC and Euro Cup.

I say second-worst, because I at least admit I am stupid and don't know anything so that's gotta count for something, right?

There’s a reason the entire continent hates Argentina.
Not all of that is due to football though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad