Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Rooting for Messi.

Dutch should have won with Cruyff and/or Van Basten/Gullit generation, this team has nothing compared to them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
LOL, Peter Drury.

Verbatim:

"And here, after a brief hiatus. Heavy hitters once again. Crafty creation of a canny veteran coach van Gaal, who may into his 8th decade, still have the ultimate day, the ultimate say. Of all the great intercontinental rivalries, few as vivid...as resonant as this one. They walk here, just as their forerunners did, into the ticker tape of Buenos Aires, the steamy heat of Marseilles, the endless night of Sao Paolo, a game for the ages, of Krol and Cryuff, of Passarela and Kempes, of that ball from De Boer, and Bergkamp's balletic beauty, of then, and of now, an album of memories, and tonight, an abundance of scrumptious possibilities."

Eat your heart out Ron MacLean.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Another gem from Peter Drury, after Morroco's win:

"Drink it in Casablanca, relish it Rabat, this is your night. See it from atop the Atlas Mountains, all above the Marrakech Express, a night Morocco would never forget."

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Romero? He got the ball fair and square.

Referees are a bit leery when, sure, you make contact with the ball first, but you also have no hope of not taking the player completely out from behind.

Nice pass but a little too heavy.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Who's doing the commentary on the Fox stream? Drury & Ekoku are annoying me on the TSN/World feed.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Strong/Holden...and whatever sideline reporter just compared elite athlete Virgil Van Dijk to Tom Brady.

office-space-michael.gif

Which player is like Jeff Gordon?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Are we seriously talking about Tom f***ing Brady in comparison to a player. Of course we are, because 'murican coverage.
Barf.

I can't watch football in English, I have to mute it or watch it in Spanish. Am I fluent in Spanish? Absolutely not.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Simply winning the ball doesn't prevent something from being a foul, much to the surprise of many fans/players
Winning the ball, not touching the opponent, not having studs near the other player, yeah that's not a foul.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Argentina hasn't been very energetic in this WC ironically outside of the game they lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad