OT: World Cup of Soccer and General Soccer Talk

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, as bad as it sounds like it must be for the IOC to deal with the NHL, I can only imagine how much worse it would be to deal with FIFA.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I'm not used to seeing someone take a "swing" at someone and getting ejected from the game. That was hardly a hit by Jones and he got sent packing.

Who do you think takes his spot? I really don't like Beckerman.

Nagbe will be taking Bedoya's spot since he got his second yellow, plus their styles match up pretty well. It's funny because I've never been a fan of Jones at all and have enjoyed Beckerman's toughness for the most part but they play similar styles as well so I expect Beckerman to take over there as well. Then with Wood gone too I pray Wondo doesn't get the nod, have a feeling Zusi gets thrown in somewhere for him. To be quite honest since we get Yedlin back and we're facing Messi, I wouldn't be at all upset if we put 5 on the back line.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
USA v Argentina in a Copa America semi-final match-up. It's a win/win for us. Win the game and move on to the final. Lose the game an play in the Third Place match in Glendale!

Whatever the outcome on Tuesday night, I will be happy.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
When I briefly entertained the idea of attending Glendale's third place match, I quickly ditched it out of uncertainty of what I'd be paying for. Even beyond not knowing yet which teams are playing, I don't know which guys on those teams will play or how much "try" they'll have out there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Looking like a lock that team USA is playing in Glendale on Saturday.

Shame. One bad read from Guzan and one perfect shot from Messi, and the game is pretty much out of reach. Bradley playing pretty bad as well. Jurgen Klinsmann seems indestructible.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Is anyone else going to USA v Colombia? It's going to be a great Saturday. Morning will kick off with Neon Angel and AMC Westgate and then over to the AO indoor tailgate at Salt and then the main even across the street. Very much looking forward to the game.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Is anyone else going to USA v Colombia? It's going to be a great Saturday. Morning will kick off with Neon Angel and AMC Westgate and then over to the AO indoor tailgate at Salt and then the main even across the street. Very much looking forward to the game.

I'll be at the game with my son. We went to the first USA-Colombia game in San Jose and it was a blast. Columbian fans are the best (tons of eye candy too).

Tell me more about the indoor tailgate? I didn't realize there was one. I might make it there.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

I'll be at the game with my son. We went to the first USA-Colombia game in San Jose and it was a blast. Columbian fans are the best (tons of eye candy too).

Tell me more about the indoor tailgate? I didn't realize there was one. I might make it there.

I watched the previous encounter at a soccer bar in NYC. Lots of eye candy there too.

American Outlaws is hosting a pre-game at Salt in Westgate. Starts at 11.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Team USA loses.
Messi is crybaby.
More and more hockey fans are mad that these soccer tourneys got better ratings than the SCF.
The Euro is still going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad