GDT: World Cup of Kicky Ball!!!1 (and beyond)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Robben's a very creative player, in that he finds extraordinary and incredible means to do the exact same stupid left-footed curled shot to the far post that gets blocked every freaking time.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
For as great as he is, he has no right foot.

LOL I know, but at least mix it up a little. All I know is, if I'm facing him, I don't care how many people I've got challenging him on the right, if I can just stack the box I can block the curled shot he'll inevitably put in there. He beats my left back? Who cares. He's going to end up in the same spot every time. :laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I don't, it's a slap in the face to Chilesen (who made a massive save to in ET to even get NED to penalties). Why not just go with Krul as your No. 1 choice?

Well the staff obviously feel Krul is better at PKs. I agree, it's a slap in the face, but if you've discussed it with Cillessen beforehand I don't mind it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Deserved win. I can't hate on Costa Rica, but the Dutch were always the better team here and it was just bad luck they went to extra time, yet alone PKs.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Not a fan of Robben's antics, and I agree he lacks a right foot but damn....120 minutes and he was still sprinting down the side nearly as fast as he started. That man has an impressive motor.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
OK, so I'm doing my mom's bracket for her WC office pool, and I had her in 6th place before the quarterfinals. They let you redo in starting at the quarters.

I got all of the quarterfinal games right. I've got Germany beating Netherlands in the final, with Brazil winning the 3rd place game. At this point, I'm confident in Germany beating Brazil and (somewhat) confident in them winning it all, but I'm not really confident in Netherlands beating Argentina, or Brazil winning the 3rd place game...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
This is hilarious, honestly thought they lucked out against Chile and ESPECIALLY Colombia. Well, that's that now, no way they're even getting close in this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad