GDT: World Cup of Kicky Ball!!!1 (and beyond)

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
who does everyone have picked for the games over the holiday weekend?

i'm going france over germany (france has looked consistently better while germany has had some shaky games), colombia over brazil (if the officiating is even remotely fair), belgium over argentina (my dark horse to win it all), netherlands over costa rica (though i want costa rica to go all the way)

also this thread should become the general football thread after the world cup is over. there are enough of us that pay a lot of attention to the sport to justify it

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
anybody going to the railhawks us open cup game wednesday? it's the quarterfinals against another MLS team, fc dallas this time. they beat la galaxy's A-team (including keane and donovan) and perennial worst mls team chivas usa to get here, so go support them! tickets are really cheap

if they win, they will face either philadelphia union or new england revolution

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
anybody going to the railhawks us open cup game wednesday? it's the quarterfinals against another MLS team, fc dallas this time. they beat la galaxy's A-team (including keane and donovan) and perennial worst mls team chivas usa to get here, so go support them! tickets are really cheap

if they win, they will face either philadelphia union or new england revolution

... damn why does it have to be on the beer league night.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
SIDESHOW BOB. Horrific keeping by Ospina though. That should never go in.

Yeah, not sure what he was thinking there... Still a nice strike, but when the goalkeeper and the wall are defending the same part of the net the strike becomes that much easier. Look at the open part of the net. Hit it as hard as you can. Celebrate.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
He's a bit of a knob. I'm probably just weird though, cause I love Suarez but can't stand Neymar.

Currently my favorite WWE people are the Wyatts so there's that.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
who does everyone have picked for the games over the holiday weekend?

i'm going france over germany (france has looked consistently better while germany has had some shaky games), colombia over brazil (if the officiating is even remotely fair), belgium over argentina (my dark horse to win it all), netherlands over costa rica (though i want costa rica to go all the way)

also this thread should become the general football thread after the world cup is over. there are enough of us that pay a lot of attention to the sport to justify it

these r #badpredictins

Brazil 2 - 1 Colombia
Germany 1 - 1 France; GER on pens
Netherlands 2 - 0 Costa Rica
Argentina 1 - 0 Belgium

#goodpredictins

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Kinda disappointed that the favorite has won pretty much every match since the end of the group stage. Would love to see Costa Rica go on a run here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad