GDT: World Cup of Kicky Ball!!!1 (and beyond)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Brazil was never that good, but that was the most shocking 90 minutes of football I can recall in recent memory.

Men's? I agree. Over all, I'd say our loss in the 2011 Women's World Cup was more shocking//surprising.

I think the vast majority of people expected Germany to win. The result isn't surprising. The outcome kinda is, but to be fair, both teams stopped playing after 28 minutes.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Was I imagining things or did the Brazilian player who scored keep the ball? I saw him pick it out of the net with his hands and then the camera cut to something else leaving me thinking "wtf?"

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
ready for the railhawks game tomorrow

got to beat fc dallas so we can play new england revolution or philadelphia union in the semifinals

also, good luck to the other nasl team still alive in the open cup, atlanta silverbacks, against chicago fire tomorrow night. still could potentially have an all-nasl final for an opening in the concacaf champions league next season.

then next stop, club world cup.

rip in peace world, the railhawks are coming.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
ready for the railhawks game tomorrow

got to beat fc dallas so we can play new england revolution or philadelphia union in the semifinals

also, good luck to the other nasl team still alive in the open cup, atlanta silverbacks, against chicago fire tomorrow night. still could potentially have an all-nasl final for an opening in the concacaf champions league next season.

then next stop, club world cup.

rip in peace world, the railhawks are coming.
:yo:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Men's? I agree. Over all, I'd say our loss in the 2011 Women's World Cup was more shocking//surprising.

I think the vast majority of people expected Germany to win. The result isn't surprising. The outcome kinda is, but to be fair, both teams stopped playing after 28 minutes.

The 2011 WWC Final wasn't really a shock, Japan was (and still is) a world-class team and that was just a fantastic match. They beat the favorites Germany in that tournament too remember.

What I meant by 'shocking' was the way Germany just could do whatever they wanted and Brazil just laid over and quit. I expected Germany to win, but I never thought that Brazil would just quit at home like that. Some of them should never wear the Brazil shirt again.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
fc dallas just had a bit too much quality for the railhawks. bigger, faster, stronger, better on the ball.

final score of 5-2 doesn't reflect how it looked. game was 3-2 at half after a late goal by dallas to give them a lead, and they parked the bus remarkably well before getting two goals at the end of the second half off counters when carolina was pressing hard. dallas was the better team overall, and their top players were clearly a higher quality than carolina's.

motm was their colombian left wing fabian castillo. he absolutely abused carolina's defense all game with his runs and crucial passes in the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->