Pre-Game Talk: World cup of hockey 2016 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Henrik is pissed right now. He'll be thinking about that poke check for the next 36 hours.

Poke check is a suicide move. MacKinnon toe-drag around that poke check was absolutely unreal. Further unreal was the fact that Lundqvist still almost recovered to make the save. Just world-class all around on that play.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Poke check is a suicide move. MacKinnon toe-drag around that poke check was absolutely unreal. Further unreal was the fact that Lundqvist still almost recovered to make the save. Just world-class all around on that play.

Absolutely filthy move by MacKinnon. One of the best OT's ever!

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'm still upset at that OT goal. Every off season I think to myself, "This year, I am going to be relaxed and enjoy the season knowing there are going to be ups and downs". It never happens.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
When i watched that goal i said the same thing about hank. How the hell did he recover and almost make that save? I got a feeling we're going to see Lundqvist best year ever.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Didn't they say during today's game that NA could have secured a spot with a regulation win? I'm not sure H2H is the tie-breaker.

Cs4o7U1WYAAQ5Us.jpg:large

They also mentioned multiple times on the broadcast and on Twitter that Finland needs to win against Russia because Russia has the H2H against NA.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A lucky goal by Crosby killed this game for sure early in 1st period.
Halak has been gr8 so far if u remove the 1 mistake he had on the 2nd goal. They should save him for the semi final and switch goalie. :)
I think Team EU already thinking about the semi-final, because Canada looks too strong with 2-0 lead in 1st.

member 116805

Mr Don Canada Cherry ripping the Fin while cheering for Marchand

member 116805

Haha worst call giving both 2 mins

Edit:double minor? Lol even worse

member 116805

Ref ruining an exciting game by handing Can a PP. Totally took away team EUR's energy after killing the penalty

But there is plenty of time left

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s more fun to play against Sweden @Hellion in the semi-final.
If Canada win this game they will meet either Russia or NA. ;)

member 116805

It`s more fun to play against Sweden @Hellion in the semi-final.
If Canada win this game they will meet either Russia or NA. ;)

Thats true Ori, I want to see Zucc do his signature move on Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad