Pre-Game Talk: World cup of hockey 2016 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Well, though I like the Russian style of play...time to root for Finland. Team NA has best chance of knocking off Canada and is what I want to see. Would be a hell of a game.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Finland just has no real depth to their roster and their good players aren't very good so far. You have the vets like Koivu that have not been doing a very good job as a vet and as a point producer. The young stars are still 1-2 years away from being able to compete at this level.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Finland just has no real depth to their roster and their good players aren't very good so far. You have the vets like Koivu that have not been doing a very good job as a vet and as a point producer. The young stars are still 1-2 years away from being able to compete at this level.

Their Ds can be exposed, but in all honesty they gave Sweden a helluva of fight. They are just tremendously good at covering any flaw they have and pull in the same direction. They always have a very dangerous PP. Many options in the net.

To be honest, I really wonder just how good NAT are. The fact that they destroyed Finland might say more about them than Finland. Wouldn't at all be surprised if Finland beats Russia. Finland was better than Sweden for long stretches and NAT was on another planet than Sweden when they put it together, but Sweden could get them of their game by really slowing down the tempo at times and I do think NATs D is a bit overrated maybe, they could be stressed. But dam when they attacked it's the fastest team I have ever seen hands down...

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Kessel said recently - his comment was not directed towards team USA though.
Maybe Team USA responded too quickly and defensive since most didn't show up in this world cup.

I admit I also reacted that way last evening, but Kessel could have other reasons why he used that sentence structure.
He is a great player and should be on that USA team for sure if he was healthy.
But maybe he tried to be humoristic, but it end up to backfire since Team USA is under a media/tv pressure due to poor performance recently.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
2 quick ones for Russia early 2d, odds against Team NA getting steep

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Who are these dmen on Russia...
And why didn't Finland just take all their kids? Ya they'll lose but at least they get experience. You already suck with this group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad