GDT: World cup of hockey 2016 thread (Part 2 - The Finale)

Elevate

May 30, 2014
Watching Hank out of the crease is a nightmare but Tatar pulled Forsberg's stick straight out of his hands, and then proceeds with a fairly shady foot-motion. Yes, I'm salty.

Oh well, onwards to the season. I'm happy that no Rangers have sustained any injuries. (Knock on wood, stay safe Zuc)

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Watching Hank out of the crease is a nightmare but Tatar pulled Forsberg's stick straight out of his hands, and then proceeds with a fairly shady foot-motion. Yes, I'm salty.

Oh well, onwards to the season. I'm happy that no Rangers have sustained any injuries. (Knock on wood, stay safe Zuc)

Are you related to Levitate by any chance?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Im pretty surprised team Europe made the finals. I have to give those guys and their coach big props.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think the rule change says a distinct kicking motion. They view kickking motion differntthan guiding the puck with the side of a skate. Usually they are just trying to guide it to their stick.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'm still salty about that Miller goal against Philly they called a no goal. That wouldn't even be reviewed by today's standards and that was only 2 years ago.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think a rule change is needed. If it were up to me, anything off a moving skate is disallowed.

Hockey is turning into football with all these "redirections" off of skates. At this point a distinct kicking motion seems to be rearing back and Frank Lamparding that ****. Anything short of that is a "redirection."

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Another classic big game performance by Lund6vist.

Beat in overtime again.

I mean, there is a video posted right above your post showing that the OT goal should have clearly been disallowed... Should have probably watched it before commenting.

This is almost as genius as your "Keith is a top 15 defenseman all time" gem.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Oh well, not like either team can beat Canada..

At least we don't have to see Hank lose another final. There also would have been a big injury risk since the final is a series and Canada will put up 50 shots a game.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't worry about Henrik. He's the least of our problems. Nash on the other hand....

As for the world cup I haven't watched any of it. It seemed like a good idea back in April but it's almost like national pride day and that idea leaves me kind of cold. I was a lot more interested in our Traverse City team. The thought of a key player potentially getting injured in an International tournament right before training camp doesn't thrill me either.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Nash is still a very good player but he's worst nowhere near his contract. How is that any different?

I found your sentence structuring for the above a little confusing. Do you mean 'nowhere near our worst'?

His is the biggest contract after Henrik's and IMO we've gotten much more bang for the buck out of Henrik from year to year than we have from Rick. I'm including playoffs too. There's a few contracts that we have that aren't great for what we're getting back. Nash's is one of them. He's still a pretty good all around player if that's what you're getting at but if he's not putting up 30 or more goals a year there's no way of justifying that and FWIW Rick seemed to allude to the same when interviewed the other day. He knows he's supposed to be a goal scorer even if some Rangers still need to figure that out.....he does know.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I meant nowhere near he's worth. Good player, not a 7.8 million player.

You could say the same exact thing about Lundqvist but nobody will because homegrown.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I meant nowhere near he's worth. Good player, not a 7.8 million player.

You could say the same exact thing about Lundqvist but nobody will because homegrown.

I'll make two points about Henrik then. More than anybody he was the player that brought the Rangers out of mediocrity after the lockout and whenever the team has done well in the playoffs it's been Henrik leading the way.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll make two points about Henrik then. More than anybody he was the player that brought the Rangers out of mediocrity after the lockout and whenever the team has done well in the playoffs it's been Henrik leading the way.

Well yes, I never said he wasn't a good player. But it is becoming an issue, and it's going to be one we're stuck with. Nobody wants to admit that.

People always point to bigger issues like Nash, like Girardi, but that's the old ointment fallacy (Silverfish made this up).

I have this rash, and I'm in the drug store right now and could buy ointment for the rash, but I'm not going to bother because I only have one leg.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Well yes, I never said he wasn't a good player. But it is becoming an issue, and it's going to be one we're stuck with. Nobody wants to admit that.

People always point to bigger issues like Nash, like Girardi, but that's the old ointment fallacy (Silverfish made this up).

I have this rash, and I'm in the drug store right now and could buy ointment for the rash, but I'm not going to bother because I only have one leg.

What's the issue that it's becoming? Please explain and use examples

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hank also bailed out Sweden's surprisingly **** defense numerous times last week. Didn't they allow ~70 shots in the first two games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad