GDT: World cup of hockey 2016 thread (Part 2 - The Finale)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Difference between Canada and other nations are Crosby, Toews and Bergeron. Ultimate complete players and have been the difference for them in the past 4 international tournaments.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Difference between Canada and other nations are Crosby, Toews and Bergeron. Ultimate complete players and have been the difference for them in the past 4 international tournaments.

The difference between Canada and other nations is that Canada has so much more skill on their team it's ridiculous.

Joe Thornton is a fourth liner on Canada.

Justin Abdelkader is a 2nd liner on USA.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
The difference between Canada and other nations is that Canada has so much more skill on their team it's ridiculous.

This. The decision process for Team USA is vomit worthy. That defense is atrocious. Schneider should have been the #1. I'd say the future is bright at least, with Eichel, Matthews, Gaudreau, Trouba, Jones and then you actually take the guys who deserved to be there cough*shattenkirkfaulk*cough*tylerjohnson*cough

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
This. The decision process for Team USA is vomit worthy. That defense is atrocious. Schneider should have been the #1. I'd say the future is bright at least, with Eichel, Matthews, Gaudreau, Trouba, Jones and then you actually take the guys who deserved to be there cough*shattenkirkfaulk*cough*tylerjohnson*cough

Hey, don't agree with me in one thread while we're debating in another. You're confusing me!

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Abdelkader was a 2nd liner only because of Torts, you take away those three players and I don't think it's a guarantee gold every time they go out there. They have a track record of the highest of order in big, international games. The Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron is what separates them from the rest of the competition this tournament.

It would be funny to see them lose this though. I'm hoping Europe(Zucc) or Sweden(Hank) win it.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Stamkos vacationed in Tasmania and South Africa in the summer. Snake bitten like hell.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Not often you see a Russian team skating this hard. Just look a ovie a couple of shifts ago, busting his ass of in the back check, gets interfered a bit in the neutral zone but makes it for a sliding block.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I really like Dadonov. Canada The better team but 20 minutes to go to decide who goes to The finals. My money now (at good odds) would definitely be put on Russia. That kind of game

I am the antithesis of in game predictions. The live game time Eklund if you will

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really like Dadonov. Canada The better team but 20 minutes to go to decide who goes to The finals. My money now (at good odds) would definitely be put on Russia. That kind of game

Dadonov is really hard working with some skill. I suggested the Rangers sign him, as he has played in NA before, and could help out Buch. I think he might've played on Buch's line a few games last season. Shipachyov as well would've been a good signing.

You could actually take half of that SKA team, and they would be good under the radar NHL signings. :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Canada just too deep. Empire State Building lit up with red and white

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Canada Russia game wasnt as good as the North America Sweden game I was at, but being a Canadian made the excitement level go up a few notches.

I dont know how it looked on TV, but I didn't notice Ovechkin much. Malkin was engaged all game, as was Panarin.

Best part of the game was reminiscing about our 1994 cup win with Nick Kypreos, who was in the broadcast booth behind my seats. Asked him about jumping off the bench celebrating as Vancouver was touching the puck for icing. He asked if I could blame him for being excited

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
I dont know how it looked on TV, but I didn't notice Ovechkin much. Malkin was engaged all game, as was Panarin.

There were stretches of time that I forgot Ovechkin was even playing. Only 1 shot attempted is unacceptable.

Looked like an interesting game when Russia took the lead, but Canada appeared to switch into "All right, playtime's over" mode and just dominated from then on out.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Gaborik has an insane track record in big games. To think at one point he was regarded as a playoff choker...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: